Injection Sites

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by doose24, May 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doose24

doose24 Member

So I have been dosing Nana in a few different locations to try ruling out absorption issues in the scruff.

On Sunday, I dosed in the flank, and I was shocked to see blue numbers. Unfortunately, that only lasted that one cycle.

Where do you recommend I inject? Flank worked once, now I am dosing near her shoulders.

2. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

I haven't found it to make any difference. I think you can shoot just about anywhere that works for you and your kitty.

3. heido

heido New Member

I'm new to this (diagnosed two weeks ago) and Milo, while usually a calm and chill cat, is not thrilled with the shots anywhere else but in the shoulder area. I have to distract him with a couple of treats and some petting before the swift shot. Yes, I do give him a couple of the things that he's not supposed to have anymore simply to make it easier on both of us for now. It's right after gooshy food time so I figure that it's not *that* bad and it's mostly the little bits of the treat jar that aren't full treats. Ugh, I hate justifying myself. His doctor knows what I'm doing and says whatever gets it done for now.

Kris & Teasel likes this.
  4. Yong & Maury GA

Yong & Maury GA Well-Known Member

I find it easiest to inject on the side of the chest but closer to the shoulders/scruff. I still had this image, which was posted somewhere on the forum and originally found on BD's website:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hope this helps :cat:

Rachel and Kris & Teasel like this.
  5. Glassgoblin

Glassgoblin Member

In addition to the great advice above; I usually try to stick to one side for AM and the other for PM, and then go with where I can get a good pinch.

Rachel, Djamila and Kris & Teasel like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.