Instinct Limited Ingredient/sensitive foods

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by meowsyko, Aug 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. meowsyko

meowsyko Member

I'm in the process of changing my kitty's food from Hill's prescription D/D to something lower carb, but still okay for her sensitive tummy. I found Nature's Variety Limited Ingredient and am giving some flavours a try, but I cannot find the carb info on the Limited Ingredient ones anywhere, only the regular 95% Instinct. I'm assuming that they won't be too far off, since the regular Nature's Variety cans are low carb... I've emailed the company but it will probably be a while before I hear back.

I'm wondering if anybody has any more info on these foods? Or if anybody has any other recommendations for foods for GI sensitivities. Most of the others I found that might work were much more expensive, but i'm willing to look into anything!

Also, I tried to order the super-cheap Bravo meter last night from diabetesexpress.ca , and they phoned me today saying it's out of stock until the end of September. So if there's anything else that has pretty cheap strips available in Canada, let me know! I'll probably get the Bravo once it's in stock but I want a slightly cheap-ish one for now, Alphatrak's strips are killing my wallet.

2. Callie & Patches

Callie & Patches Well-Known Member

You can use FreeStyle light strips in the AT2 meter. Be sure it is the light strips. I accidentally bought plane Freestyle strips and they didn't work.

3. Erica & Carter

Erica & Carter Well-Known Member

I tried Nature's Variety a few times and it was low carb/did not affect my cat's BG but I can't recall if it was the Limited Ingredient or not.

Ziwipeak and Wild Calling also have canned options with more novel proteins similiar to Nature's Variety that you may want to try if they are available in Canada.

4. meowsyko

meowsyko Member

I found Ziwipeak was a bit too expensive, about $54 for 12 cans here and have to order online. It looks like good food though! Might break down and get it anyway but not ready for that yet.
    I'll look into Wild Calling! I saw it at the store today but I just didn't know much about it.

5. meowsyko

meowsyko Member

Ou I might try that. Does it change the reading at all?

6. Callie & Patches

Callie & Patches Well-Known Member

They don't change any more than the AT strips do. All strips / meters are allowed a 20% difference. If I get strange number, I do a second test.

7. meowsyko

meowsyko Member

Sweet! I might grab some tomorrow to get me by until the Bravo meter comes back in stock.. What do I code the AT meter for with the Freestyle strips?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.