Insulin administer issues

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Booger's Mom, Mar 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Booger's Mom

Booger's Mom Member

Lately I have been coming across an issue getting the syringe in the skin. I read the post about how to give the insulin and making sure the bevel is facing up and all that. I dont want to just jab it in his skin but why wont it just go in?? lol

2. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

Funny you should say this... I have had several needles in a row now that were more difficult to push through the skin than needles in the past. I just push a little harder to get them in, but it does concern me. I do not want them to hurt Mia any more than absolutely necessary. What brand of syringes are you using? Mine are UltiCare. I have used them for awhile, but this problem is new. I have a box of a different brand. I do not like the markings on those, but I think I will try them to see if the needles seem better.

3. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

I got a box of syringes once that had several with no point at all on them. Maybe you just got a bad box.

4. Booger's Mom

Booger's Mom Member

Well now this concerns me because I just ordeered some UltiCare syringes! lol I have VetOne syringes currently. These are the ones I got from the Vet but they are $20 a box.

5. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

I have had several boxes of these with no issues. Don't worry!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.