Intro

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by karen860, Apr 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. karen860

karen860 New Member

Hi there. Pearl is my 12-year-old kitty diagnosed with DM 2 weeks ago. Trying to bring her BS down with diet but I don't think it's helping because she continues to beg for food every time we go into the kitchen. Planning to take her back to the vet this week and re-test her BS and get the stuff to start insulin. Also need to buy a glucose monitor. Anyway, I've already learned a lot from this site. Happy to have stumbled upon it!!! Thank you.

2. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Welcome to you and Pearl! :) Feel free to post any/all questions you have on the main health forum.

3. karen860

karen860 New Member

Thank you, Kris & Teasel. :)

4. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Welcome! Don't worry.... The shots aren't as scary as it seems and we are here to help if you need it.

What Are you feeding?

5. Yong & Maury GA

Yong & Maury GA Well-Known Member

Welcome Karen and Pearl!
    What was her BG at diagnosis? Kitties newly diagnosed are literally starving because their body cannot absorb the nutrients from the food properly. So we all know when they "sing the song of their people" in the kitchen ;). A lot of us use the Walmart human glucometer, ReliOn Confirm or Micro due to affordability of test strips. When you get more information from your follow up visit this week, please set up your Signature before heading to the Main Health Forum: http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/editing-your-signature-profile-and-preferences.130340/

Here's the link for the Spreadsheet we use here too, once you start home testing: http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/fdmb-spreadsheet-instructions.130337/

Feel free to ask any questions!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.