Introducing BunBun

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Larry and Kitties, Feb 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

This Tuesday just when I got back from the vet with MurrFee's ashes I received a call from the Loudon Animal shelter. They received a 13 year old untreated diabetic. I used to work with the caller when she was at the Alexandria shelter. I adopted both Dulce and Patches II from Alexandria.
    I believe that MurrFee was instrumental in getting BunBun to me.
    When home I measured his BG and it was 282, a palindrome number (same number read from left or right). Also, on the meter it reads the same with the meter face turned 180 degrees. I had to look at the meter twice.
    I was surprised how low the BG.
    The info from the shelter was
    02/02/16 11:14 Dr. Hill took blood sample: BG was 473 confirming Diabetes
    01/29/16 14:31 Urine glucose level was 1000+ suspect diabetes but would need bloodwork to confirm. He has a secondary UTI, BRV is scripting Clavamox. BunBunsm.jpg

2. Squeaky and KT (GA)

Squeaky and KT (GA) Well-Known Member

Awwww.....welcome furever home BunBun...what a bootiful baby you are too!

3. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Congratulations on the addition to your family, Larry!
    282, hmm. Interesting. Very interesting!
    Welcome BunBun! Love those whiskers!

4. Sparkle

Sparkle Member

Love the name! You are so awesome to take in this handsome boy. I think he may be an OTJ kitty soon. Best to you.

5. Tuxedo Mom

Tuxedo Mom Well-Known Member

Congratulation on the new boy. What a handsome tuxedo BunBun is (I am very partial to tuxedos :) ) How fortunate that MurrFee was able to guide BunBun to you. Now a sweet senior has a new chance at a great life. :bighug:

6. Liz & IttyBit

Liz & IttyBit Member

What a lucky boy BunBun is. All his worries are over now that he has found his way to you.
    Congrats to you both.

7. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

Congrats on your new arrival! What a handsome dude! I'm sure MurrFee was very instrumental in bringing you two together. BunBun is one lucky fellow to have landed in your care. Here's hoping his luck stays strong and he is soon OTJ! :)

8. Elizabeth and Bertie

Elizabeth and Bertie Well-Known Member

Oh, wow, Larry, you are just amazing....

Thank you, thank you, thank you for welcoming BunBun into your heart and home. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Maybe MurrFee has been on 'guardian angel' duty and pulling a few strings.... ;)

Eliz

9. Nancy and Scotty

Nancy and Scotty Member

Lucky BunBun, I am sure you will have him OTJ in no time

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.