Introducing Ourselves

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Joanne&TinySole, Aug 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joanne&TinySole

Joanne&TinySole Well-Known Member

Hey everyone!
    I've been over at the Lantus forum since July and have been so engrossed in my diabetic cat drama ;) that I have not meandered over here yet. BUT, it's a US holiday weekend, and so we at the Lantus forum have been encouraged to get over here to introduce ourselves and rally any troops that may be around for this weekend.

I am cat mom / mommabean to four kitties, and they all have issues.

Tiny Sole (10 y/o), a Lynx-point, Siamese was diagnosed as a diabetic in May. She's on Lantus and I cannot tell you how much I appreciate the great compassionate group of experienced people at that forum.
    Cookie (11 y/o), our Tuxedo cat, has been having loosey-goosey stools for about a month now. I just started her on a probiotic recommended here and we've been dosing her with 1/4 tsp of benefiber. This is quite a challenge, as she is scared sh&%less of her poops when they come out mushy! :arghh:
    Dino (8 or 9 y/o) is our Creamsicle kid; orange and white and has a look of worry on his face at all times. If he had a little longer hair, I'd say he might be a Main Coon cat because he likes to herd us at. all. times.
    Skeeter Bean (8 or 9 y/o) is a black/grey/white tiny little guy, 8 lbs soaking wet, maybe less. I have to get an echo on him as it seems he may have an enlarged heart. He was diagnosed with lung worm by our ER vet in May - he coughed a LOT for the past three years we had him, but our regular vet mis-diagnosed him. Our challenge with him is to get him to eat...that's another story!

So, hello my fellow catpeeps! I hope all goes well for all kitties and beans this weekend, and I'll drag up some photos of these kids so you can put faces to names. Tiny Sole is my profile pic!

Sending much love!
    Joanne

2. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Welcome!!!

Try FortiFlora to get your picky cat to eat

Joanne&TinySole likes this.
  3. Joanne&TinySole

Thank you for the welcome and the advice. FortiFlora ...can it be purchased without a prescription?

4. JanetNJ

Yes. I use it to entice my underweight cat to eat and to hide the taste of supplements.

I usually buy 3 box packs on Adwdiabetes.com... You can buy a single pack on amazon

It's a probiotic and flavor enhancer.

5. JanetNJ

6. Joanne&TinySole

Thank you! I will pick some up! ❤

JanetNJ likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.