Introducing Rocco

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Rachel & Rocco (GA), Apr 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rachel & Rocco (GA)

Rachel & Rocco (GA) New Member

Hello everyone!

My name is Rachel, and my husband and I just recently found out our cat, Rocco (14 years old), has diabetes. As many of you experienced, we were pretty upset and nervous about how to move forward! I had a little experience with feline diabetes, as my sister-in-law's kitty was diabetic (he passed in February), but Loki was super chill and I wasn't sure how happy Rocco would be to get shots everyday. Luckily, he's been a lot better with them than expected. This forum has already been a great resource for many things, and it's a serious comfort to know that there are so many people here ready and willing to help!

Looking forward to see you around the forum :)

Here's Rocco with his little pizza toy we got him after he spent the day at the vet.

20180310_000548500_iOS.jpg

2. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

Welcome!

Rachel & Rocco (GA) likes this.
  3. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Welcome to you and Rocco! :)

4. alexthecat

alexthecat Member

Welcome! Rocco is a beauty.

5. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

He's a doll! Glad it's been going ok

6. krazy4kritters

krazy4kritters Member

He is adorable! Welcome aboard!

7. Rachel & Rocco (GA)

Thanks everyone!! He's definitely a handsome kitty (and my baby, of course) and I'm hoping I can get him back to his playful self once he's regulated. :)

krazy4kritters likes this.
  8. alexthecat

alexthecat Member

My Cleo was diagnosed the day before Rocco and I've already noticed a change in her personality. My friendly, cuddly girl back! Maybe you'll find that too once he's feeling more like himself.

JanetNJ likes this.
  9. Rachel & Rocco (GA)

That is so great to hear! I really hope so! I’m glad Cleo is doing well :bighug:

alexthecat likes this.
  10. Rachel & Rocco (GA)

Hi everyone. I posted this in the other thread, but I wanted to post it here, too. Rocco was put to sleep this morning.

When we got up, he was breathing very heavily and he had not eaten. He would meow a few times, which he hadn't been doing. I tried to get a BG reading, but no matter how much I warmed up his ear, I couldn't get any blood. His back legs were shaking so badly, and he couldn't walk. We decided to take him to the emergency vet. They did an ultrasound and found that his body was full of fluids, and that it was blood. His body was shutting down. We decided it was time.

I know I was only here for a short time, but I greatly appreciate all of the help you have given me. You are really a great group of people and I wish you nothing but the best for you and your kitties. <3

11. Zack Attack

Zack Attack New Member

I am so sorry you lost your Rocco! I just joined myself, and was looking to see what everyone else was writing for an intro (before I write mine, of course!) But I'm so very sorry. I hope you can find comfort in the good care you gave him, and eventually be able to look back on your time with him with joy.

12. Rachel & Rocco (GA)

Thank you for your kind words. I wish you the best of luck!! Everyone here is so supportive and willing to help. Really great people.

Zack Attack likes this.
  13. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

Oh, no, I am so sorry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.