Introducing Sneakers

Discussion in 'Acromegaly / IAA / Cushings Cats' started by hmjohnston, Jun 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hmjohnston

hmjohnston Well-Known Member

Sneakers was just diagnosed with acro (419) on 6-22-12. I pick up her results after work today.
    She does not have IAA and her kidneys are doing good as of last weeks (6-15-12) lab results.
    She is currently on Levemir, 8u DIB and creeping up (no surprise there).
    Mixed but looks like a Blue Russian and spayed.

Still sleeps a lot, doesn't go out much but like the coolness of the morning and evening to sit on the porch. Still pees a bunch but not the bowl sized balls she used to- more like softball sized. Still eats a lot as well and she does have dandruff trying to make its summer come-back.

I've started a Facebook site under Shaniqua Johnston (didn't like the name Sneakers for some reason). Maybe I should have done a FB page, I don't know the difference as I rarely get on.

Its time to learn a new playbook in Sneakers game of life :roll: :mrgreen: .

2. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

I am glad you finally know; it really IS a relief to know how come things just have NOT been going the same for YOUR cat like the others! As I mentioned before, it's nice to know Sneakers has a healthy pancreas, and that means there IS the possibility of going OTJ.... hey, you never know, right?

I sent you a friend request.... I hope I got the right Shaniqua Johnston .... I picked the one with cute grey kitty with ball of yarn? if that's the wrong one, just let me know what picture you have so I can send another request and also an oops/sorry to the wrong Shaniqua!

So, nothing really changes for you and Sneakers... you still test and you keep upping the dose until you find the dose that Sneakers likes.... she will let you know when you get there!

Sneakers looks alot like my Shadoe when she was first dx.... pretty girlies, yours and mine!

3. hmjohnston

hmjohnston Well-Known Member

Yes, the blue's are pretty. That is Sneakers getting acquainted with the mousie that I bought from Marjorie before her surgery.

She used to be this small, dainty kitty that sat with her head on my lap and now she's just as big as her sister was- her feet are bigger than a quarter now. The signs were there which is why I wanted to do the test to make sure.

I'll need to wrap my mind around the "healthy pancreas" that it is working but the GH-1 is over-riding it too much when it sends out the hormones- is the closest I am getting to it right now. I'll be looking forward to reading the items on the FB page as I have printed everything off here.

I've been getting a few blues more but think I need to go higher again on the dose to 9u.

4. Patti and Merlin

Patti and Merlin Member

So glad to see your post here and see you found us on FB. Will be eagerly watching your posts and hoping we can help you.
    xxx
    patti

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.