Is my cat regulated?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Clarissa, Jul 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clarissa

Clarissa Member

Hello, recently I've noticed a change in Presto's BSL's. In the past three days, his BSLs have been staying in the 100s all throughout the day, so I haven't been giving him any insulin since then. I've just been feeding him wet food with 1 tablet of Zobaline to help his legs. Should I still test Presto's BSLs every 12 hours and also test during the day? So far Presto has been doing great. Just wondering what I should do as far as how often I should test his BSLs.

2. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Clarissa, the numbers look good, but I think you should post in the Vetsulin forum for advice on the insulin dosage. It may not be the best thing to just cut off after giving 2 units/1.75units. I used Lantus and was advised to gradually lower the dose by small increments, to support the healing pancreas. Check with the Vetsulin gurus to make sure you are doing the right thing.

Clarissa likes this.
  3. AshleyDiamond

AshleyDiamond Member

I'll add also that for them to be officially OTJ you need to go 14 days in a row without giving insulin testing AM and PM. The majority of those numbers should be under 100.

Clarissa likes this.
  4. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Normal on a human meter is 50-120. I think your cat still needs a little insulin support.

5. Sandi&Maxine&Whispy(GA)

Sandi&Maxine&Whispy(GA) Well-Known Member

Everyone above has the important stuff covered. I just hadn't met you and Presto yet, and wanted to welcome you and compliment you on your handsome fellow :kiss:

Best,
    Sandi.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.