Hi guys, Julie was diagnosed on Thursday (brought her in for lethargy), and started her insulin on Friday night. She has been started at 1 unit Lantis BID. I have also been giving her sub Q fluids of Lactated Ringer at suggestion of her vet, 100ml BID. She has been refusing to eat so I have been syringe feeding her 3-4 15ml syringe fulls of gruel (high pro wet food mixed with water), mostly Fancy Feast but also have Crave. Have been mixing about 1.5oz of food total maybe? Not measuring exactly. Turkey or chicken flavors, she isn't a fan of seafood. Feeding her largly before her injections, but also giving small meals through day. Today she DID lick some gravy off food offered in bowl, but not much and I still ended up force feeding after some time. She is also getting a 1/4 tab of cerenia 16mg once a day. She looks better than she did on Thrusday, her coat feels less course/greasy, she is getting up and walking around, she is using the litter box (i've seen her in it at least 5 times through this morning and afternoon). But she still won't really eat of her own accord. She'll take some licks but that is it. She is usually an eater (I guess why she's in this boat in the first place!). She is not drinking water, but with all the fluids and syringe feeding maybe she doesn't need to. She seems fairly hydrated. I can tell she isn't optimum, but she's not dehydrated. Her gums are pink and moist. She is still dumpy. She growls but does not fight hard, which she usually does. She seems to have the back leg weakness (going to ask her vet about B12 injections). I only have a few test strips so I have been testing sparingly. Last night pre injection she was at 190. I read through forums and decided to give her prescribed 1 unit. I gave her 1 unit this morning at about 8 am and then tested her at 1:30pm. She was at 80. I gave her a snack, she licked the gravy a little (Fancy Feast pouch, kind of like a broth). I tested again at 3:10pm and she was at 123. What I am taking from this is that maybe 1unit is too high? Or is she still adjusting? I have been freaking out that since she isn't eating I need to rush her to vet. I have a budget though. Husband has put a $500 cap on getting through this week. If you all think she sounds OK at this point I will wait to speak to her vet on Tuesday. But if it sounds like I'm just keeping her afloat with food and fluids, please advise! I am more than willing to take her in to ER vet, I jsut want to make my money count. An ER visit is $110. That would put my treatment budget at 400... ya dig? Thanks guys. Anything is helpful.