Is this a safe number to leave the house?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by SidneysMom, Dec 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SidneysMom

SidneysMom Member

I tested at Sid at +7 and his number is 13.4 on the AlphaTrak 2.
    I am guessing yes, but I never left him mid-cycle before, but I have a bunch of errands to run. He gets fed again at 2:15/2:30 then I will leave.

Sorry, wasn't sure. Thanks! He's on Lantus, 1u.

2. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

He'll be fine. The food will prop him up for a bit anyway. Go do your errands. :)

Maggies Mom Debby likes this.
  3. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

13.4 (241) at +7 should be fine. He will be given food. If you are nervous, leave some out.

And don't rush the driving just to get back a few minutes early. TO is hard enough at any time, never mind when you think you have to rush and its 3 days before Christmas.

4. Deb & Wink

Deb & Wink Well-Known Member

Ok 13.4 times 18 gives us 241 in BG numbers that US folks will understand better.

Most cats would be headed back up after the middle of the cycle, so even though you don't have a lot of mid cycle test numbers yet, Sidney should be fine.

We usually say that numbers using the Alphatrak need a bit of steering with food if they drop below 4.4 mmol (80 mg/dl). Sidney's numbers are still all in the pink and yellow ranges. Even blues would be fine at mid-cycle for you to run some errands.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.