It’s been a long while, but I’m back...

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Chloe'sMom (GA), Apr 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chloe'sMom (GA)

Chloe'sMom (GA) Member

Hello all -

Some may remember my Chloe that went DKA twice in 2015/16. We were never able to get her completely OTJ, but we had scaled back on her insulin quite a bit. I think the fact that I didn’t find his board until 2+ years after she was diagnosed, made it too late to get her OTJ.

Well, we’ve not had anymore DKA - praise God!, but we are having a LOT of issues with throwing up. I’ve started charting her again the last few weeks and since she’s been back under the 400’s, it’s been so much better.

We have family coming to watch our Chloe as we are traveling for 2 weeks overseas and I’m worried about these bounces - one particularly tonight that has her back up in the 400’s. I think the 1u BID is good, and thought maybe with that dip last week to 41 AMPS, that perhaps it was too much. So I dropped it to .75u BID but then her numbers were a little higher.

I’m trying to perfect this before my sister watches her for 2 weeks (starting a week from tomorrow) (she’s a cat momma to 4, but no diabetic kitties) and wondering if I should adjust her insulin again or leave it? I’m perplexed at this bounce to the 400’s!!

Hoping for direction. Thank you I’m advance.

Chloe’sMom

2. Sylvie

Sylvie Member

giving her decent non-bouncy numbers, i personally, would stick to .50 unit or no more than .75 if i was leaving my cat for 2 weeks with someone who is not use to taking care of a diabetic cat especially if she is not going to test BG during nadir hours. the .50 would be safer and easier for your sister to get right so that is what i would stick with.

am not familiar with what to do with such high bouncing like your cat's though, for mine i waited it out and didn't up dose till after like 2 days if BG didn't stabilize back down and usually had to re-lower it a couple days after that. hopefully someone with more experience will give you a better direction but, i still think you should stick with .50 while away cause even though you are not doing mid BG readings, it looks to me like your kitty has been hitting pretty low/hypo numbers a few times and maybe why she is bouncing so high??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.