Jack 10/31 amps 317 +1 331(2R) +3 301 +5 190 +7 119 +9 146

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by saltycat, Oct 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. saltycat

saltycat Well-Known Member

yesterday's condo

Jack continues to hang out in the mountains, looking longingly down at the beach and lagoon. I'm a bit flummoxed by the recent spike in numbers. My best guess is the L dose has gone stale and the R dose isn't big enough to overcome the IAA/Acro and drop his numbers.

At least he should enjoy tonight. He runs to the door when the bell rings and is always right by the door at Halloween to judge costumes and get the occasional pet from a brave trick or treater. The civvie will assume the normal position, under the bed as far away as possible.

Not sure what the best course of action is. I was hoping to keep Jack at the same Lev dose, but not at the expense of his health. If he needs more Lev, he will get more Lev.

I am thinking a 2u Lev increase(10%) is on the table to try to get the dose working again? The last 1u increase was pretty ineffective. If so, do I continue with the R, understanding that some close monitoring is in order?

I'm a bit lost and frustrated at Jack's high numbers and this IAA/Acro dance, too many variables that change too often, really hurts my logical brain trying to remotely understand it all:)o_O:):banghead:

@Sandy and Black Kitty I responded to your questions in yesterdays condo. Not sure if you got the alert. Your input or thoughts on the R dosing would be helpful since I am still too new to R to make big decisions.

Thanks all. Hope all the kitties stay calm tonight with all the commotion and vines to any of them or their beans that need them!

2. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

I do think he needs more L and going with the 10% increase is a good idea. Not sure about using R along with a dosecrease. Hopefully Sandy can stop in today.

Sounding crazy how often are you changing the shot location? I switch from left to right (right side at night) and go between the shoulder and flank area. If I just shoot in the shoulder or flank area for more than 5 days or so Doodles numbers go wacky. Makes me wonder if a little scare tissue or if the Antibodies catch on. Just food for thought.

3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Sorry Jack is staying high. I hope the dosecrease helps.

4. saltycat

You had mentioned this about this a week, probably 2 weeks ago by now. It got me thinking and since then I've been rotating around, using the flank more and trying to space out the location a bit more. So far, no noticeable change that I can see.

So Jack is throwing me a small curveball today, looks like he decided to drop a bit, a blue at +5 isn't like him lately. Will have to play it by ear today on the increase depending on how far he drops. Just when I make up my mind and get a plan ready, Jack decides to make his own rules.

5. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

Thought I may have, my brain is so fried!

Maybe a good ol dosecrease threat will have him heading to the lagoon :D

6. saltycat

It appears to be one of those rare occasions where the boy listens to reason. Down to 119 at +7, I have no idea why, but he decided to work the juice today. Dosecrease is on hold pending pmps. I knew I should have given up trying to actually understand this cat:facepalm:

I can imagine, Doodles has been quite the rotten cat lately, hope he settles down for a bit for you.

7. saltycat

Pmps of 151, no R given tonight, and held off the dosecrease for a day with all the goings on tonight. Jack is wearing my headlamp right now since he has to greet all the trick or treaters and the living room is dark. Dark carpet and a black cat spell trouble and I don't want him slipping out and licking candy wrappers all night

8. Gussie's mom (GA)

Gussie's mom (GA) Well-Known Member

What a fantastic idea with the headlamp!! This black cat owner says "brilliant"!! No pun intended!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.