? Jackson Galaxy Stress Stopper and Separation Anxiety solutions

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Cathie and Shaak Ti (GA), Jun 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cathie and Shaak Ti (GA)

Cathie and Shaak Ti (GA) Well-Known Member

http://store.jacksongalaxy.com/product-p/separation-anxiety-remedy.htm

http://store.jacksongalaxy.com/product-p/stress-stopper.htm

I have read all about the different sprays/solutions that are advertised on the Jackson Galaxy website. I have not found one that specifically addresses stress urination. I am thinking we may have a combination of problems, stress for Shaak is coming from me and my stress, also, due to all the situations over the last two months that take me out of the house I think she may also be suffering from separation anxiety. Roommate is always here but never comes out of his room except to go to bathroom or tell me something, so if the kids or I are not home she is virtually alone.

I am wondering if anyone else wants to make a stab at looking at these products and giving me your opinion. It was suggested to me to check out these products by a friend.

2. Yong & Maury GA

Yong & Maury GA Well-Known Member

Apologies Cathie, I have been reading your other threads but where is Shaak urinating again? (I'm thinking you said upstairs hall?) And where is roommate's room? I don't have a great memory and have been dealing with some things.

3. Cathie and Shaak Ti (GA)

Just one floor hallway and one bathroom. but it is a small place, 2 bedrooms, roommate's room about one step out door where one of Shaak's favorite spots to urinate and then another favorite spot is in middle of my doorway and bathroom doorway, and in front of toilet. Both bedrooms are about four steps from bathroom. Sometimes I am out for as many as seven or eight hours, when I get home I find about ten puddles, some wet some dry. I mop and within thirty minutes of mopping she has gone again, normally in a favorite spot.

4. Yong & Maury GA

Her most recent Vet check came back OK ?

5. Cathie and Shaak Ti (GA)

6. Cathie and Shaak Ti (GA)

Vet believes it is stress related. because I am under huge amounts of stress right now and because her first places to go are in places we will notice immediately, she's definitely smart.

7. Yong & Maury GA

Any feral kitties outside? or other furry friends? Just trying to cover some things while the wheels are turning :)

8. Cathie and Shaak Ti (GA)

Second floor apartment, no cats anywhere. Or other furries.

9. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

How long has the roommate been there? How does Shaak feel about him? If she doesn't see him frequently and/or interact with him, his presence could be stressing her, too.

Yong & Maury GA likes this.
  10. Yong & Maury GA

Have you ever tried to feed / play with her in those areas? Would Roommate be open to do anything?

11. Cathie and Shaak Ti (GA)

Since 2009. He used to be the one that fed her before she got sick last year, Shaak was in remission from March 2016- December 2016. During her remission he took care of her for six weeks when we were out of state on family emergency.

He used to come out and play with her but now that she pees everywhere he has stopped coming out of room unless he has too, and yes, the peeing everywhere started before he began staying in his room. She started peeing in bathroom by toilet first, that was March, it is in last two months it has been everywhere though.

Squalliesmom likes this.
  12. Cathie and Shaak Ti (GA)

Shaak doesn't really not like anyone. She has always been very friendly with everyone.

13. Cathie and Shaak Ti (GA)

she used to run up and down hall, and jump at the wall chasing laser light. Now she will play in our bedroom but no where else. We have tried laser light everywhere in house. Except for roommate's room, he has never allowed her in his room. It is his private sanctuary, LOL, not really, but he doesn't let Shaak come in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.