? Jade PMPS 109..skipped last night...now what????

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Jill & Jade, Jul 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jill & Jade

Jill & Jade Well-Known Member

Hello....last night she was low and I didn't shoot, this morning was good so I did. Numbers rose as should ...I took her +10 (83) +11 (98) I am assuming that her nadir was so late because of the skipped dose last night? 10 hours in seems pretty late in the cycle and she is rising again. Her usual shoot time is in 45 minutes and I'm fairly certain that she will not be over 150 by then. Do I stall? And if I do and she doesn't go up to an acceptable number, do I skip again? Is that dangerous for her? Whatever advice is greatly appreciated, I'm starting to get that shaky , panicky feeling that I get when I'm nervous about when to shoot and when not to.....thanks!
    Her pmps is only 109....I don't know what to do or how long to stall before making the no shoot decision,and if that is going to harm her 2 night in a row...

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...s-147-not-going-to-shoot.197706/#post-2212616

Last edited: Jul 1, 2018
    Reason for edit: new concern
  2. Jill & Jade

@Chris & China

3. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

It will not hurt her to skip but:

Have you fed her yet? If not, test again now

How do you feel about being up as long as necessary tonight? Do you have plenty of supplies? Strips, HC food, etc?

4. Jill & Jade

Hi and thank you as I know you have your own stuff happening...I tested about 5 minutes ago and that's when I got the 109. I have not fed her.

5. Jill & Jade

I have the supplies...etc..but I know her ears are getting sensitive and so is she.

6. Chris & China (GA)

We need to find a dose you can reliably give her every 12 hours without having to stall, skip or worry yourself to death.

Why don't you go ahead and skip tonight and try .5 tomorrow?

If you can, would you do me a favor and take a picture of your syringe where you're shooting? Just need to make sure about something

Jill & Jade likes this.
  7. Jill & Jade

Ok. I'm going to feed her and then I'll take a picture and upload it.

Chris & China (GA) likes this.
  8. Jill & Jade

Attached Files:

9. Jill & Jade

This is a whole unit syringe, so just below the 1 unit line... this pic being the 1 unit mark

Attached Files:

10. Jill & Jade

I do have the .5 unit syringes, but found these to be a bit more sturdy when I’m trying to find the inbetween spot.

11. Jill & Jade

This would be .75 on the half unit needle

Attached Files:

Chris & China (GA) likes this.
  12. Chris & China (GA)

OK good.... I thought so but just wanted to make sure....we've had some crazy things happen when people thought they were giving X and later we found out they were really giving Y!

Amanda & Shmee and Jill & Jade like this.
  13. Jill & Jade

I'm sitting here bawling again. In part out of frustration that I can't seem to help Jade and in part with relief that I found this place and you and the people that have helped me. My sincerest of thanks. I do not like this roller coaster one little bit but it helps to know I'm not on it alone. Tomorrow I will start .5 units and start a new thread. Another day. I really hope I'm not causing harm to any of her organs. I feel defeated every time something goes wrong.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2018
    Amanda & Shmee and LizzieInTexas like this.
  14. Chris & China (GA)

No....you're not!!

High numbers take months to do the serious damage we hear about. As long as she hasn't had any problem with ketones, she's actually spending most of her time below renal threshold which is helping to save her kidneys (which are the weakest organ in all cats but especially in diabetics)

Keeping her below about 250 as much as possible will really help and you're doing that almost all the time.....and the few little blips above that didn't last long enough to worry about.

15. Jill & Jade

I hope she doesn't have ketone issues, how would I know if she does? I suspect, from what I've read, she'd be acting much differently. I don't want to jinx her or myself but her behavior has always been the same. The 5 "P's" are all good...thankfully. If not for the test results, I wouldn't know that anything was off with her.

16. Chris & China (GA)

Yeah, if she was throwing ketones, she'd look and act like she was sick.....as long as she's acting like a "normal" cat, don't worry.

You can always get some urine ketone test strips to test for ketones at home. You just have to catch her when she pee's​

Jill & Jade likes this.
  17. Jill & Jade

Do human ones work for kitties also?

18. Chris & China (GA)

Yes

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.