Jan 19 Felix AMPS=202, +2=173, +4.5=245 Increase?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Susan&Felix(GA), Jan 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Susan&Felix(GA)

Susan&Felix(GA) Well-Known Member

prior post

Felix got to green a couple days ago, and he dropped over 200 points last night in less than three and a half hours. I'm trying to decide whether to hold this dose a bit longer since we're starting to see blues and greens, or whether to increase to "get ahead of it."

His shots the last couple days may have been 2.75f (fat) units. I've been getting bubbles I can't flick out, so I've tried to compensate. So an increase to 3u wouldn't necessarily be a full .25 unit.

He's still being treated with Vetericyn for an ear infection. He does sometimes still shake his head and I think it itches, but it doesn't seem to hurt or make him sad anymore.

I'm inclined to go up to 3u, but I'd appreciate advice if patience pants might be better!

Tasha & Darwin likes this.
  2. Tasha & Darwin

Tasha & Darwin Well-Known Member

Not sure on what to suggest for increasing, but I am delighted to see Felix is starting to eat canned food! I'm sorry for missing that happen - how exciting!! It happened like that with Darwin. He just started, and then took off from there! :cat::cat::cat:

Susan&Felix(GA) likes this.
  3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

As much as you monitor, I think you are okay to increase since he didn't get back to green after he came back down. I'm glad his ear is doing better. I hope it clears up completely soon. Sending prayers.

Susan&Felix(GA) likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.