Jan. 8 Felix AMPS=278, +3=295, +8=259

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Susan&Felix(GA), Jan 8, 2019.

1. Susan&Felix(GA)

Susan&Felix(GA) Well-Known Member

yesterday, dental day

One day postdental: Felix is pretty subdued today, but I wouldn't say he has that sad look that is so worrisome. He seemed the same before and after his bupe. His glucose went zooming up last night after a green preshot and I was afraid I'd wake up to a red or black AMPS, but he's back down to yellow this morning. He was hungry and ate a few small portions of wet food yesterday afternoon but would eat only dry later last night and this morning. I'm just glad he's eating and will let him have dry for the next couple days; the kitties got Temptations for Christmas from their gramma, so I could give him some of those in the unlikely event that he goes low.

Speaking of their gramma, I leave the house tomorrow at 6:00 a.m. (practically the middle of the night for me!) to take my mom to the hospital for her surgery. Once the waiting starts, whenever that is, I'll come home and give Felix his insulin and bupe, and will presumably get back to the hospital before she's done and the surgeon comes to talk to us. Then I hope to see my mom safely in recovery, and then I'll come home and test Felix, and then go back to the hospital. Thank goodness the hospital is only about 15 minutes away.

I'll also be thinking of @Tracey&Jones tomorrow.

Tracey&Jones (GA) likes this.
  2. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

Rex didn't act differently after his bupe. I decided to not give it last night and there was no difference. Then I thought I could just do it once a day so I attempted to give it this morning and Rex was like UH-HUH! :rolleyes:

I hope Felix feels better soon!! :bighug:

Susan&Felix(GA) likes this.
  3. Hogan

Hogan Member

Good luck tomorrow! And hopefully Felix will feel better as well, he's been through a lot.

4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad Felix is eating for you, even if it is dry food. I hope he recovers quickly. Sending prayers for your mom's surgery.

5. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Sending happy vines for your mom's surgery. And lots of post-dental vines for Chef Felix. I hope he'll be feeling all better tomorrow.

Sending lots of strength to you, Susan. I hope all will go well tomorrow.

6. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Sending mom vines your way

7. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

The Bupe can make them seem "depressed"

After the extractions, my vet says no dry for at least 3 days. But, of course if that is all that he will eat........maybe you could crumble it and wet it down for him to make sure that the crunchiness of it doesn't gouge the extraction sites. It's usually the animal enzymes that the pet food companies spray onto the dry to make them so attracted to it.

Good luck today with your mom!