January 1st - Radar - amps 258; +2/215 +3/180

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Jan Radar (GA), Jan 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jan Radar (GA)

Jan Radar (GA) Well-Known Member

my last post a week ago

Since my last post, Radar has had yet another episode of refusing to eat followed by repeated vomiting in the overnight hours. :arghh: This is a new problem for us as Radar has not ever been a kitty who vomits over and over and over again. Radar was whisked off to the vet for a check up first thing on Saturday morning. The vet gave him subQ fluids, a shot of Cerenia, mirtazapine and ondansetron since my brother would be on his own to look after Radar for another day and a half and we didn't want him to deteriorate any more. The medications helped and by the time I returned home yesterday afternoon Radar had returned to eating. We gave him more medication last night before bed and he was willing to eat overnight. :) This morning he ate a good breakfast and his numbers aren't looking too bad so far today.

I can't help but wonder what is going on and why Radar is having so many tummy troubles. I suppose it may be stress because there's been so much going on at our house in the last couple of weeks. I don't have to return to school for another week so I think we will try the EZ complete I ordered before the holidays and see if the change helps my little guy...

2. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

IBD can be a demon to work with. Jones seems to bomb along just fine for weeks then have 2 days of diarrhea and won't really eat. He has been on consistent food for awhile now, so unless he gets some contraband, I am stumped. Even with all his meds!

Good luck with the EZ complete!

Jan Radar (GA) likes this.
  3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope the meds help Radar feel better and keep eating. Sending prayers.

Happy New Year!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.