? Jester seems on the mend / possible dosing advice

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by shelaghc, Apr 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shelaghc

shelaghc Well-Known Member

After a very scary couple of weeks, and at the risk of jumping in too soon and jinxing myself and my baby, it seems as though we may be turning a good corner. He's slowly beginning to eat more normally and his AMPS today was nearly 150.

Jester hasn't had insulin in about a week because his food intake and BG have been so low. Great BG numbers, lousy calorie count. (At his last weigh-in he was less than 8 pounds - down from 9.4 pounds in January.)

Last Saturday, his PMPS was 185 and, while he didn't eat a huge amount, I did give him .25U. The next day's AMPS was 105.

Frankly, since I won't be able to monitor him tonight I doubt I'll give him a dosage even if his BG is as high as it was last Saturday.

I'm hesitant to jump in too soon with his insulin but also don't want to wait too long.

Any thoughts on this?

2. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

Jester has had a couple of good cycles, but for the most part, he's still over 120, so he's too high. However, any suggestion for dosing would just be a guess at this point. You'd have to just try a couple of dinky doses and then monitor the cycle to see how he does. I know it's tough with work, so you'd have to try some cautious experiments and then see how he does before shooting and leaving for the day.

Rachel likes this.
  3. shelaghc

shelaghc Well-Known Member

The last time he got insulin was last Saturday. His PMPS was 185 and I gave him .25U - about as dinky a dosage as I can do.

His AMPS the next day was 107.

And, tbh, those 120s were when Jester was barely eating anything. Today, without insulin, his morning BG and evening BG were almost exactly the same - 147 / 146.

4. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

You can do drop dosing. Basically, you pull up the smallest amount of insulin you can and then you let out drops until you have just 1 left. You can practice with water a few times to figure out how many drops you have to let out so you know just what to do when giving the shot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.