July 6 Felix AMPS=57, +2=48, +2.75=49, +4=40, +4.75=56, +6=65

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Susan&Felix(GA), Jul 6, 2019.

1. Susan&Felix(GA)

Susan&Felix(GA) Well-Known Member

prior thread July 4

We're on limewatch today. Felix had needed a few increases after starting his heart meds, so it's nice to see him working the juice better again.

He used to like it when I'd add potato flakes to his regular food to improvise medium carb, but I've had trouble getting him to eat much of it lately, even with extra FortiFlora and holding the bowl. He's delighted to have kibble or Greenies so I've been resorting to that, and I wonder if he now declines his meat-n-potatoes because he's holding out for crunchies. The vets say his time left is probably measured in weeks not months, and that makes me want to give him more of what he loves. But of course dehydration, etc., are especially important concerns now, too.

He sure looks happy and healthy, though.

2. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

WOW! Felix means business today doesn't he! I wish Luci would put me on lime watch - as nerve wracking as that is - it's been so long since she's visited the lagoon for any length of time - and now with an increase on board - she's getting a little push toward the lagoon. I'm sure Felix is smart enough to know if he holds out long enough you'll give him 'the good stuff' LOL! Glad to hear he looks healthy and happy - always good signs - since they can't tell us how they're feeling - all we have is what we can see :)

Susan&Felix(GA) likes this.
  3. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Susan, I'm sorry to hear that Chef Felix isn't eating well these days. Perhaps he needs to whip up some new recipes :). It is good that, aside from the fuds, he is acting happy and healthy. Vets don't know everything and many of the kitties have surprised their vets. I'm keeping your boy in my thoughts (good thoughts) and hope that he will be feeling better and better every day.

Chef Felix: you don't need to visit the sharks. Shark meat is tough (and so are you).

Hugs and scritches,

4. Susan&Felix(GA)

Actually, he is eating all right, thank goodness, except when I'm trying to steer him up. I do get pleasure these days envisioning him surprising his vets month after month after month.... Thank you for strengthening that vision.
    ------------------------------------
    Auntie Ella, don't worry, I do still like to eat--it's just that I want to be sure I'm saving room for the yummy stuff on those days when it magically appears!

I've had extra energy today, so I made you a cake because you're one of my very favoritest aunties--and because you (and Rusty) are the reason I've learned to cook! Gus and Edward can have some, too.
    XOXO,
    Felixoxo
    EllaCatCake.jpg

5. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Thank you so much, Chef Felix. That cake looks yummy. Gus is on a diet, but he'll get to go off of it tonight. Edward and I are ready to dig in.

6. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

p.s. I posted a recent pic of Gus in Furball's condo.

7. Susan&Felix(GA)

He's glorious!! I hope he settles down--just a little.

8. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Vets don't know everything. They can only guess. I'm glad Felix is eating for you and seems healthy. I hope he has many more days with you. Sending prayers.

9. Jill & Scooter

Jill & Scooter Well-Known Member

Yes, vets don’t always know. When my sweet Jessie (drooler) was diagnosed with Cushings, the vet said she might make it two years. It’s been 2 1/2 and she’s doing very well. Hope Felix proves his vet very wrong.