Just did my first home BG test on Frisky.

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Robert and Frisky, Jul 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robert and Frisky

Robert and Frisky Member

Well I went to Walmart today and picked the Relion Ultima BG Meter. I just did the 1st home test and got it the 1st try. Frisky just sat there and did not even flinch, But she likes having her ears rubbed and she will lay there for a good ear rubbing. :) Her BG was 243 4 hours after she had her dinner and her shot. My Vet was all for me testing her at home also. I will be taking her in again on Tuesday for BG Curve but I am going to do a Curve on Monday and take her the results.

Thanks for the wealth of information on the board and the advice from my first post. :)

2. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Re: Just did the my first home BG test on Frisky.

See - it's easy! And you have a super unfrisky kitty! :razz:
    Good for you Robert! Glad to see this update.

3. Gina & Yittle (GA)

Gina & Yittle (GA) Member

Isn't it great when its easier then you feared it would be!

By the time I'd been testing Yittle BG for a few weeks he would even remind me it was test time and run ahead of me to his spot. By the end of his 6 months on insulin he was so used to the routine I had a heck of a time convincing him he didn't need tests or shots anymore when he honeymooned. Even during his last few weeks before cancer claimed him, if he did something and got yelled at he'd go to his testing spot and whine pathetically till I agreed to test him (for no reason since he was OTJ) because he knew if he let me test him he was a good boy and he wanted me to think he was a good boy (LOL)

Now you know you can do this!! We're all so excited for you.

4. Lee and Tida (GA)

Lee and Tida (GA) Member

Congratulations!! Good job!

You are right to take the results to the vet....but please don't subject your poor baby to a curve at the vet. Especially if you can do one at home! Sure, let the vet see her...but don't leave her there! She would most likely be stuck in a cage and just brought out every 2 hours to get a BG reading.

5. Robert and Frisky

Robert and Frisky Member

This will be her last Curve at the Vet. The only reason I am doing it this time is I want the vet to use my meter also to compare the numbers.. I just want to make sure that the meter I have is close to what they get.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.