Just Got a Bit of a Smile...

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Arkali, Aug 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arkali

Arkali Member

So I have an area on my desk that's always had a "lounging mat" for the cats so they can hang out there while I work (I work from home). Poor little Gypsy hasn't gotten up there on her own in ages. Anyway, I've turned that into the "testing station" where I do her glucose readings and give her insulin shots. So earlier today we discovered the PureBites treats. Anyway, she did not want to stay off when I set her back down, but she's got some neuropathy going in her back legs I think and hasn't been jumping too well for some time (we thought it was arthritis--she's about 12 / 13).

So--I went in and said good night to my hubs, and when I walked back in to my office, guess who was on my desk? Yup. I put the PureBites in a drawer. Pretty sure she'd figure out how to get into the bag :) Anyway, it made me smile. She's definitely feeling better!

2. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

That's wonderful!!

It sure doesn't take them long to associate the treat with the "testing spot", does it??

Smart kitty!!

3. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

I'm so glad to read this. And that you are smiling.

4. alexthecat

alexthecat Member

Cleo comes looking for me if she thinks I've forgotten to give her insulin and treats. One evening I came home a few minutes after shot time and she was sleeping in the spot where she gets injected. It's so much easier now that she thinks it's all her idea

Last edited: Aug 7, 2018
    Reason for edit: typo
  5. jayla-n-Drevon

jayla-n-Drevon Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.