Just posted all of Fena's labs on SS!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Candy&Company, Sep 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Candy&Company

Candy&Company Member

I just got this done and posted, it's showing up ok on my end so if you guys could take a look I'd appreciate it. I'm slowly but surely researching what all of it means but I AM a bit worried that her ALP was elevated and the vet never mentioned anything about it. The fields highlighted in YELLOW are the ones that were on her lab sheets so I input the values and results. RED means high, ROSE means low. I also had to add more lines as there were some things that weren't on the SS. That's ok right?

I also just remembered in going through all the papers that the vet mentioned Fena having periodontal disease on the 25th when I first brought her in (during the hands-on exam) but thus far nothing's been further mentioned about it.

She's eating good/just fine, doesn't seem to be favoring her mouth or anything so I don't think she has any abscesses or teeth actively "going bad" - but on a whole I know it can give them a lot of problems and that their diabetes plays into it with the numbers. Plus heart health if I remember right?

I've made a note to ask more questions of the vet the next time I call.

2. AlphaCat

AlphaCat Member

Great job on putting everything into the spreadsheet! I do see all the lab numbers.
    The teeth are connected to so many health issues for cats. It may not have been brought up more because the diagnosis of diabetes can be very overwhelming itself. The vet may need you to attempt regulation of diabetes before putting Fena under anesthesia. You could always call and ask the vet what was the game plan on it.

I was kind of hoping to see a test score in there for tonight... maybe it's too early to test yet?
    How did testing go tonight?

3. Candy&Company

Candy&Company Member

Oh good glad they came through okay!

Yeah I was wondering if they were just waiting for the diabetes to ease back a bit before bringing it up to me - my poor baby, sighs.

Testing has been... trying. Between misses, mishaps, and the thunderstorms (vnfuidhviufvf insert swearing here) it's been difficult - we're having another storm right now, and poor Fena is pressed so tight against my feet and laying on them, over them, I dread having to get up to pee myself in awhile. :blackeye:

Mao ruined my next 2 attempts after I accidentally pierced her ear, then while I was distracted by testing her ear, she decided the testing strip in the meter was fun to play with and try to EAT - so I poked wrong, no blood, she startled and ran off. I got a good poke this morning but the damn school bus blared its horn for my neighbor so she jump/shaked - her ear came out of my grip and the drop went FLYING - I tried to milk her ear for another one, but nothing came and she was too wound up from the horn to sit still as she usually does. *sighs*

My next attempt, I'm gonna try her when she's napping/sleeping - she's so much more manageable then. She thinks herself my "attack cat" - any weird noises, she wants to posture and investigate and just try to be a "guardian" which is hard in the morning and afternoon, when school buses are roaming around a lot now. :(

She hates horns, slamming brakes, screaming kids, thunder/lightening, fireworks and lawn mowers.

Not giving up but man, the start of school season could NOT be worse - we're not far from the HS either, which does it's cannon blasts for Friday and Saturday football/sports, etc. Doesn't help either that when I want to try and stick her in the morning, the kids are screaming, running around, buses, etc. Grr.

AlphaCat likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.