? Kitty Constipation (apologies to tootsie roll lovers)

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Bojangles' Mom, Sep 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bojangles' Mom

Bojangles' Mom Member

Does anyone else feel like their life revolves around having a full size tootsie roll in the litter box rather than a midgee? It feels like lately the first thing I do in the morning and the first thing I do when I get home is check the litter box hoping to find a full size tootsie roll. I've been using the mirilax with Bojangles, to some degree of success. She didn't care for pumpkin and not sure I can fool her by mixing it into her food. I've seen people indicating they use the fortiflora, but the boxes I see indicate it is for diarrhea, so wouldn't that stop her up further? If not, can anyone suggest a safe/trustworthy brand of the fortiflora? Which in your experience is the safest for "long term" use? Seems we're having a few days between tootsie rolls (and sometimes even between the midgees) lately.

2. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Forti Flora is a probiotic that's used more for flavoring and diarrhea....the miralax is one of our best meds for constipation

3. Bojangles' Mom

Bojangles' Mom Member

Thank you. Good to know, that's what I thought from reading the description, but somehow also thought I'd read about it in reference to constipation. I'll continue with the mirilax.

4. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

For more than you ever though you needed to know about the feline GI tract, go to Feline Constipation for the full scoop.

5. granadilla

granadilla Well-Known Member

Probiotics that contain lactobacillus can help. I tried that with my cat but I honestly found that Miralax was the best answer. 1/8 tsp twice a day, mixed in food, made a big difference.

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  6. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Thanks for this site, BJM !

7. Bojangles' Mom

Bojangles' Mom Member

I wish I had a full scoop . But seriously, thanks for the info.

8. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Don't you just know I brought a bag of tootsies rolls today. Now I can't eat them!!:(

Sharon14 and Daphne like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.