kitty sitter guidelines

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Tina and Gracie (GA), May 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tina and Gracie (GA)

Tina and Gracie (GA) Member

I haven't updated my SS. I'll do it today when I have the data in front of me. Numbers have been a little wonky still. Some days are good while others I'm like what the heck is going on.
    Food has not changed. My cat sitter came over last night. I had to give her a key, and show her where my supplies were.
    My insulin is bad (it froze in my fridge). She said if there was an emergency she could give my cat her Lantus that she uses for her cat, and I said I don't think that would work. Anyway, she said if she gets a reading in the 300's+ she would want to give insulin, but said it is ultimately my choice on what instructions I give.

What do you guys think?

2. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

How many days are you going to be gone? This is a short trip isn't it? Assuming it's less than a week, I would tell the sitter not to give insulin. It may be time to start doing some mini-doses to squash that crazy food spike, but she shouldn't start that when you aren't around to monitor the cycle. No telling how Gracie would react to it and you need to keep her safe.

Kris & Teasel likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.