krill oil and other supplement, and lantus

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by sun, Mar 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sun

sun Member

hi, this is anson from hong kong, china. back here, we don't have good discussion board for diabetes cats and i have been on my own for 3 months which is very hard.
    i have a few questions, will be very grateful if you folks can help.
    she is 16 years old. a recent full blood test shows she is basically healthy (other organ) except low k level.

1) i read some writings about krill oil that can reduce sugar level. she has been taking it before having diabetes, but i am not sure if i should go on with this.

2) she once responded well with the insulin (1 unit) in the first month (mid dec to mid jan 2010), she only weight 5.5p (a small cat). so we started from a small dose. then, she started to be unstable since mid/late jan. insulin dosage has raised to 1.25, then 1.75, then 2 and recently to 2.5unit.
    the strange thing is her sugar level is highe when the dose is increased.
    recent figures are, 16-23 (mmol) before raising to 2.5 unit. i know you folks use different measurement, for mmol, 3.9-8.8 is normal.

may i ask what is the usual path for a remission?
    seems like the more insulin she has, the higher the sugar she has, since she raised from 1.25 to 1.75.

3) if i want to make home-made raw food, is there any info? on fish/shrimp?

4) regarding supplements and food, she is on wellness core (grain-free canned food) + shrimp (home made) + almo nature tuna (get rid of the rice), and potassium supplment + b12.
    i read this supplement, may i ask is there anyone here tried this before?
    http://www.onlynaturalpet.com/products/ ... 99173.aspx
    is that effective?

thxxxx so much.

2. Jen & Squeak

Jen & Squeak Well-Known Member

Hi Anson!

3. sun

sun Member

thx so much.
    yes, i did blood rest at home.
    i have go to the page on lantus and send all the figures and hope other folks can give me advices.

thx again.
    anson

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.