Lab readers - I finally got Mitsy's labs

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Rardito, Jul 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rardito

Rardito Member

I finally received Mitsy's labs/patient history. I was wondering if those of you who are good at interpreting labs could take a look at them. The first is the latest but I included her past ones too since they just sent me her whole history.

I have never been told that she had any abnormal bloodwork until this month - but looking at her history, I can see a few highs and lows that I was never told about - and all of it is foreign to me so maybe those things aren't concerning?

They never scheduled a follow up for her after the last day of glucose monitoring they did. They just left it as "diabetes, possible pancreatitis, and I see some bacteria in there." Then he had me do the 5u twice a day which I am now down to 2.5 after learning a lot from you all. And just said to come back if she seems "weird."

So, here are the labs, thank you in advance and once again I am sorry for creating so many threads - I am just trying to do what is best for her.
    MitsyVetRecords-1.jpg MitsyVetRecords-2.jpg MitsyVetRecords-3.jpg MitsyVetRecords-4.jpg MitsyVetRecords-5.jpg MitsyVetRecords-6.jpg MitsyVetRecords-7.jpg MitsyVetRecords-8.jpg MitsyVetRecords-9.jpg MitsyVetRecords-10.jpg

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

It was hard for me to see but I think the most recent was a couple weeks ago, right? The high white count could mean inflammation or infection. Was a urinalysis done? I’m not familiar with your cat. What are are the symptoms? Sorry if that’s been asked and answered. Where was the bacteria?

Rardito likes this.
  3. Rardito

Rardito Member

Yes, it was July 16th. And they did a urinalysis as well and said it was full of sugar. They gave her clavamox because she had some bacteria I'm assuming in her urine (they didn't specify where).

Her symptoms are urinating on the floor (still doing it currently), hair loss on her stomach/ sides, pot belly, she has uneven pupils, muscle wasting, is slow and disoriented. I'm thinking she might have Cushing's :(

4. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I’ve never dealt with Cushings and hopefully it won’t be added to my list of feline diseases that I have mastered. :bookworm: I hope it’s not. Pancreatitis is definitely possible. The kidney values are good so a UTI could explain going outside the box and the high white count but not the other symptoms. I’m sorry I’m not any help. :bighug:

Last edited: Jul 31, 2018
    Rardito likes this.
  5. Rardito

Rardito Member

I appreciate you taking a look!! Thank you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.