Lack of appetite

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Vegetable (GA), Mar 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vegetable (GA)

Vegetable (GA) Member

Faith doesn't seem to be very interested in food for 24 hours now. I took her to the vet last night & she had blood work done which came back good except she was a but dehydrated. The vet gave her sub q fluids & some mertazapine. Her temp was a bit low as well as her heart rate but looking back at her old vet records her heart rate has always been a bit low.

Overnight i got her to eat 2 teaspoons of food. This morning she licked up a littke food but not even a teaspoon full. I went ahead & got 2 syringes full of food into her before she got really upset.

Ive tried to heat up her food, different food (low & high carb), crumbling her pure bites ontop & making it soupy. The only way i get her to eat anything is to make it soupy.

Any suggestions what could be bothering her? She is spayed & had a dental in December so her teeth ate good.

Im getting very concerned.

2. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Did the vet check for ketones? Have you tried testing her urine for ketones? Her BGs have been high and that's why I ask. Your signature says you're following TR but you've held doses for many cycles. I suggest you post on the Lantus forum for help.

3. Vegetable (GA)

Vegetable (GA) Member

She was negative for ketones last night.

Kris & Teasel likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.