? Lantus Dosing Advice Needed

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by StephanieArlene, Aug 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StephanieArlene

StephanieArlene New Member

Hi all! You might remember my cat Nala that was overdosed with Baytril. So far she is doing well! We have the eye doctor on Monday. Unfortunately, it was the soonest appointment we could get. Fortunately, she still has her eyesight.. unfortunately, this makes it very difficult to test her because she hates it. I've been getting some low number the past two days and was worried about giving her the Lantus when her numbers are so low. Starting last night I did not give her the usual 1 unit before her dinner. I put the numbers I got into the spreadsheet. I am having trouble getting her to allow me to test her more often but am hoping to get a few more readings tonight.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/121hDrEcF6G0sTo3r2vpaUNklrCO8cV5norxu_DdILTo/pubhtml

Was not giving her the lantus the right move? While her numbers are higher than yesterday, they still are below 200. She has never had numbers this low.. I even used the drops to make sure that my alphatrak was working properly.. it is! Please help!

2. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Yes, I wouldn't give insulin with that low on the AlphaTrak either

If you get a number under 150, you should stall, don't feed and post for help......It's OK to shoot lower than 200, but we want someone to be watching out for you the first few times you do it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.