Levels keep rising

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Stacy n kendra, Jan 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stacy n kendra

Stacy n kendra Member

Am before eating 345 mid way 390 what's going on what do I do same food ect

2. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome to Lantus & Levemir Land, the nicest place you never wanted to be.

Here is a link to your intro post. I understand your concern about the numbers. It would help us to figure out what's going on if we had some more info on your kitty. Have you been keeping a record of the readings you have taken? If not, your meter most likely has a memory, and you should be able to go back and look at them. We use a spreadsheet here to keep track, and it not only helps you, but it is a big help to anyone who is trying to guide you. Here are the instructions for creating it. If you have any problems, say so - we have a couple of ladies here that are wizzes with it and can set it up for you.

What kind of meter are you using? If it's an Alpha Trak, or pet meter, you use a different spreadsheet template than if you are using a human meter, so be sure you select the appropriate link.

I see from your first post that your kitty's name is Kendra. What would you like us to call you? You don't have to tell us your real name if that makes you uncomfortable. Some here use aliases, some go by "fluffy's mom", and some by their actual names.

If you can set up your signature block with pertinent info, people won't keep asking the same questions. The basics include: Kitty's name, DOB (if known, approx. age if not), weight and date of diagnosis. Bean's (that's you) name. Location (you can be vague - we mainly need to know what time zone you're in). Kind of insulin (Lantus), kind of meter (name brand). Any other conditions or medications kitty is on.

Here is a link to a post we put together to help new members get comfortable using the site. I know this is all very overwhelming, and there is a lot to take in, but you found the right place to get help. Just read everything you can and ask lots of questions. We love to help.

3. Stacy n kendra

Stacy n kendra Member

Ok I updated my info now I can't find these templates i need to get a ss

4. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

The word "Here" is blue because it's an active link. If you click on it, it should take you to the post that explains how to create a spreadsheet. Let us know if you need further help setting it up.

5. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

What do you mean "you updated your info"? I don't see a signature block. To create one, go to the top of the page, on the right where you see your name. When you click on that, you'll get a drop-down menu. Click on "signature". You'll see an open dialog box where you can type in all the information for your signature block (you can look at mine, or some others, to see how we set them up). Then you click on "save changes" and that should link it to every post you do. After you get your spreadsheet set up, you'll want to go back to the edit signature page and add a link to your spreadsheet, so it's always attached to your posts for people to see. Don't worry, we'll help you do that if you're not sure how, when the time comes.

6. Stacy n kendra

Stacy n kendra Member

Ok I think now I uploaded it n I know I followed directions couldn't find it ugg

7. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Hi Stacy,

Yep you got it this time. :)

Let us know when you've had a chance to try to set up your spreadsheet. As I mentioned, there are people that will help if you have a problem with it.

8. Stacy n kendra

Stacy n kendra Member

I never check levels all the time didn't know I should did glucose curve last Sunday 245-256-213-195 checked Wed pm199 thur am 377 mid 188 today 345-390-284

9. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

You should ALWAYS test before giving insulin, to be sure it is safe to shoot, and get at least one test somewhere in the middle of each cycle (you don't have to stay up all night - a "before bed" test is usually good enough). Lantus dose changes are based on how low the insulin takes the cat, with some consideration given to the "preshot" number.

10. Stacy n kendra

Stacy n kendra Member

Is it still ok to check after she eats cause that's when I give insulin in case she dissent eat all i can lower it

11. Stacy n kendra

Stacy n kendra Member

I'm just not sure do I check before eating cause insulin is after eating or eat check then insulin I'm sorry I just don't get this yet n I read n read i fill like I'm in in circle then don't understand any thing

12. SMM

SMM Member

Bump for some help for Stacy!

13. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

The best order with Lantus is to
    • Test
    • (if you are happy that number is safe to shoot)Feed
    • Shoot (I used to shoot insulin in george when he still had his head in the bowl eating)
    Did you manage to get the Spread sheet up and running?
    Le us know if you need help with that.
    Try not to worry, there is a lot to learn and it takes time to sink in, we all found it overwhelming in the begining.:bighug::bighug::bighug:

14. Stacy n kendra

Stacy n kendra Member

Lol I do shoot her when she is eating doesn't care n no still having trouble getting the spread sheet

15. SMM

SMM Member

For me it is easiest to shoot when Martini is eating - she is distracted then. Send a message to @Marje and Gracie to help with the spreadsheet, she is an expert on it!

16. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

I’ll be glad to set up a Spreadsheet for you if you like.

Please just send me a private message by clicking on “Marje and Gracie” to the left and then “start a conversation”. I’ll need some info.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.