? Lily is a bit bloated- not sure if wind

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Lily-Fish, Mar 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lily-Fish

Lily-Fish Member

hey!

Lily has been okay recently but has started to meow when I touch a certain place just below her rib age and feels a little bloated sometimes. She is having regular bowel movements and I was just wondering if it is possible for cats fm to get trapped wind like we do? If so, is it serious for them, or just uncomfortable?

2. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

Considering the two conditions together, I would probably schedule a vet visit, just to rule out any possible problems. But then I always err on the side of caution (my children tell me I'm paranoid, lol)! Hopefully it's nothing but some trapped gas and will resolve itself with no trouble! :)

Critter Mom and Lily-Fish like this.
  3. ja9390

ja9390 Member

Pain in the abdomen could mean a bunch of things especially if you can physically see that it has taken on a distended appearance. If she is acting completely normal and playing, eating, pooping on schedule then if it were Diego I would wait a few days and see what happens. If you have seen some small changes in her behavior then yes, I agree that a vet visit would be the smartest thing.

4. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

Adding my vote for a vet visit as a precaution.

Mogs

5. Lily-Fish

Lily-Fish Member

Hi all, thanks for the answers! She is off to the vets tomorrow before her hotel visit, so I will check with the vet then. The bloating has disappeared (I have a feeling it was a fart!) and all the 5 P's are present. She has been ultra playful today and seems so much more like the cat she was years ago!

6. Critter Mom

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Cats don't do that sort of thing!

;)

Be sure to let us know how you get on.

Mogs

7. Lily-Fish

Lily-Fish Member

thanks! I know, Lily would be mortified if she knew I was giving away her secrets!

She is going to a vet run cattery so lots of lovely testing and feeding and loving while i am off in NY! :D

8. Critter Mom

Mean momma. Next thing you'll be showing us pictures of her naked on a rug after a bath when she was a kitten!! :rolleyes: :p

Great that you're boarding Lily where she should get proper support for her insulin treatment. I assume that you've already given them a heads-up that she's ketone-prone and has a history of DKA so that they'll know to keep a check on her ketone status as well as her blood glucose levels.

Mogs

9. Lily-Fish

Lily-Fish Member

I had all of her notes faxed over from her normal vets and she will get a vet check tomorrow before being admitted (Kinda like going into hospital, but with lots of luxury and space to roam) http://taverhamvets.co.uk/cattery-norwich/ If you wanna have a look. It is really nice, they look after the cats really well. I will speak to the vet about all of this as well to make sure. I am so nervous still about leaving her there but it is literally the best place, short of putting her in a tiny pen in the vets....I really want her to have a good time too so I have opted for this well supported vet run cattery.

10. Critter Mom

That place looks the mutt's proverbials! :cat: Quite impressed with their rates, too.

11. Lily-Fish

Lily-Fish Member

Actually, their rates shocked me! I was expecting £30-40 a night for what Lily needs, but actually is really good. Will consider this cattery again I would say.

Critter Mom likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.