Litter Pearls?? Dr. Lisa??

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Karen and Flo, May 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Karen and Flo

Karen and Flo Member

Anyone tried this stuff? Apparently it's just sand, and biodegrades well.

2. Lisa and Merlyn (GA)

Lisa and Merlyn (GA) Well-Known Member

Not Dr. Lisa, but Its those little white pebbles right? Well ECID of course, but when our shelter acctually had a cat behavior hotline, many many people that called with litter box avoidance issues and were using that litter/any of the crystal litters had a complete reversal of the problem when they switched to clay litter.

I believe that the urine gets soaked up by the crystals so unless you scoop the discolored ones the cat is stepping on urine soaked crystals.

If you want to try them, leave their regular box down and give them an extra box with the crystals in it. Many cats dont like the way they feel on their feet like the pelletted litter.

3. Karen and Flo

Karen and Flo Member

Yeah, I had that feeling about the urine soaking thing. I can't imagine how it's not completely disgusting. The guy at Pet Food Express raved about it, but I think I'll stick to the bulk clumping clay stuff @ Petco. I'm starting to enjoy the feel of it in my freshly laundered sheets ;-) .

4. Iorwen & Tray

Iorwen & Tray Well-Known Member

i use the crystals, I love it because the odor is completely absorbed so perfect for multi cat households. My cats have had no problem with it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.