Little Boy update

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Lorry, Dec 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lorry

Lorry Member

Hi Everyone, well I finally got Little Boy into my regular vet. He has gained some weight at first he was 7lb, now he is 7.5lb. My vet has settled on giving him ProZinc insulin, what are everyone's thoughts on this? He is on Hills Science canned and hard food. Thank You for any advice.

2. Ann & Scatcats

Ann & Scatcats Well-Known Member

Prozin is a good cat insulin. What dose did the vet tell you start with?

And are you going to home test his blood glucose or shoot the insulin dosages in the blind so to speak?

3. Lorry

Lorry Member

Hi Ann, I will be taking him to vet for them to test, he is to have 0.1 on the insulin which I just posted a help thread on as I got scared when I did not find the 0.1 on syringe.

4. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

If you can get him off the kibble, it will help get his diabetes under control a lot easier. The kibble is way too high in carbs for a diabetic cat. Since you've started insulin, you'd want to do it slowly though. Dropping the carbs in the food can drop the blood glucose 100 points or more.

Even the Science Diet canned is overpriced and has pretty lousy ingredients. Most of us feed our own cats Fancy Feast Classics, Friskies pates or 9-Lives ground. Not only are they a lot cheaper, the ingredients are actually better than the Science Diet. There's absolutely nothing in "prescription" foods that treats disease. The whole prescription food industry is nothing but a clever marketing tool. It has no legal meaning.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.