Looking for treat options

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Justagirlandhercat18, Nov 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Justagirlandhercat18

Justagirlandhercat18 New Member

Hello board! Everyone is so lovely here!

Pumpkin has been diabetic for quite sometime, 6.5 years and thriving. I have another cat as well who isnt diabetic. Both are very tired if freeze dried treats. They dont typically get any, but with the holidays I would like to offer them something. I found these online called "Churus" I will post the content here as well. Would these be okay to give?

Attached Files:

2. Kate & Toby

Kate & Toby Member

I feed Toby these, he goes crazy for them!

Attached Files:

3. Justagirlandhercat18

I'll look into those! Thank you

Kate & Toby likes this.
  4. Panic

Panic Well-Known Member

Do they like baked or raw chicken? My cats go cookoo for them! I also have a simple tuna treat recipe but it's not diabetic friendly. :/

5. Lisa and Witn (GA)

Lisa and Witn (GA) Well-Known Member

FYI. The "GA" is what we use to let everyone know that a cat has passed or gone ahead to the rainbow bridge.

6. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

FYI - I removed the GA prefix.

Veronica & Babu-chiri likes this.
  7. Veronica & Babu-chiri

Veronica & Babu-chiri Well-Known Member

I give Babu comercial turkey breast, not the best but is a treat after all so he only gets two or three small bites (very small squares about 1/4 inch ) and he loves it

8. Justagirlandhercat18

Thank you, it automatically put that there! I'm so sorry.

9. April & Quincy

April & Quincy Member

10. Sarah&Soph

Sarah&Soph Member

I’ve found that Purebites are pretty hit or miss. My cat likes those treats, but they were given to me by someone else whose cat did not lol. She also likes the salmon, chicken (none of my boyfriend’s 3 cats did), and whitefish varieties, but not the shrimp :rolleyes:

11. April & Quincy

April & Quincy Member

Haha, great to know! I saw a Chicken and Catnip variety so that looks interesting. I have never had freeze-dried treats for my cats but thought I should try it out. Do you have another recommendation since Purebites are hit or miss?

12. Sarah&Soph

Sarah&Soph Member

She likes these as well! They’re also freeze dried, but they’re more of a crunchy texture whereas most of the Purebites are kind of almost a styrofoam type texture. My cat is a little pig though so I’m not sure how good of a gauge she is :p

https://www.chewy.com/vital-essenti...MIu87Rp-WF5gIVO__jBx01VAPXEAQYAyABEgIPlfD_BwE

13. April & Quincy

April & Quincy Member

Great, thank you! Looks more appetizing (to me at least) then minnows, yick! But styrofoam texture, yuck to that as well. My cat is a pig too, haha so I'm not too concerned about him liking much of anything but I just want treat time to be super delicious, you know? I can tell he's getting sick of what we have. He doesn't seem as excited about it anymore.

Sarah&Soph likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.