Loose Lips - Some of you will understand

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Suzanne & Cobb(GA), May 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Suzanne & Cobb(GA)

Suzanne & Cobb(GA) Well-Known Member

We are still cat-less and probably will be for awhile. As many of you know, Matty was only 19 months old when Cobb crossed the bridge. I can't imagine he still remembers him! So that brings me to my story from the weekend.

Matty (who will be two in 23 days :woot:...I know!) and I are walking down the stairs. Cobb tended to sit at the very top of the steps so he could look through the spindles and see who was coming up. Matty looks up and says "maow" (meow). I stop and ask, "what did you say?" He points and says "at! maow!" I look and see nothing. Matt comes out and asks "did he say cat?" I'm like, "uhh...yeah." and ask Matty to tell me where the cat is. He points to where Cobb usually sat. (Seriously...no way this kid remembers Cobb sat right there, right?) I"m like, okay...strange, but we keep walking.

When we get to the bottom of the steps, Matt asks Matty again where the cat is. He points to the stairs and says "maow upstairs." Matt and I figure our furry orange fella came for a quick visit. cat_wings>o It's nice to know we have someone looking out for us!

2. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

Oohhh, that is so sweet!!! I'm glad it didn't upset Matty. Sounds like it made him feel good.

How are you doing, Suzanne? Always good to hear from you!

Suzanne & Cobb(GA) likes this.
  3. Suzanne & Cobb(GA)

I'm doing well! Thick in the middle of trying to sell our house and get furniture for the new baby! :) Got furniture and bedding ordered last week -- so I'm feeling a bit more productive than I haven been!

4. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Amazing! I'm glad you are all doing well.

5. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

That is so sweet. I'm sure Cobb checks in on you. :) :) :) Thanks for the update. :bighug:
    Liz

6. Tuxedo Mom

Tuxedo Mom Well-Known Member

What an amazing and beautiful story. I am 100% positive that our kitties are more tuned in to the spirits of those who have passed...both furry and human. I saw a similar event about 6 months after my DH passed over. Our furkids (like young children) are so innocent and open that they are able to receive those messages from beyond, that grown-ups just can't seem to. :bighug:

7. suki & crystal (GA)

suki & crystal (GA) Well-Known Member

Always good to hear from you Suzanne, I think that's a lovely story and very reassuring to know that CoBb is still around making sure everyone is okay. I think children are much more receptive to the spirit world, perhaps because they have no preconceived ideas at that young age.
    Hope you manage to sell your house in good time for baby's arrival, have you found anything that you like yet? Good luck with the search and keep us posted.

8. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

As Suki said, children can be so wise. I think it's cool that Cobb is visiting while you are still in that house.

That sentence ended differently that I thought it would. :smuggrin: Good luck with the shopping and getting settled in time.

9. Suzanne & Cobb(GA)

Hahahaha!!! Definitely literally "thick in the middle" as well!!! 24 weeks tomorrow so definitely thickening up!! Lol.

Anne & Zener GA likes this.
  10. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

I like it.
    I wish to have the eyes of a child....

11. MollynSkooter

MollynSkooter Well-Known Member

Awww that is so awesome that you still get visits from Cobb....I am sure he will find his spot in your new house and visit you there as well :)

12. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

What a wonderful story, Suzanne!!

It's amazing how when we're young, we can still "see" those things so I'm sure Matty was seeing Cobb right there when he always was! When we get old and jaded, the veil between the two worlds closes much tighter

13. Peg and Toby

Peg and Toby Well-Known Member

So nice Cobb is still looking out for the family. I've heard the children can still see a family member
    after they have gone. So I'm not surprised that Matty has seen Cobb.

Last edited: May 27, 2015
  14. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

aw, i love that story. From across the country, I still miss Cobb. I'm glad to hear he stopped by for a visit with Matty. :bighug:

I miss seeing you every day, too, Suzanne! Glad you're doing well!

15. Suzanne & Cobb(GA)

I am trying to stop by more often...trying to find my place without daily condos! Hopefully work will be slower over the summer and then I'll have 12 weeks off in the fall, so I hope to get back into a routine of checking in! I miss all of you.

16. manxcat419

manxcat419 Well-Known Member

What a lovely story! :) I'm so glad Cobb visited. And I don't doubt for a moment that he'll visit your new house too - my first cat still visited me after I moved house...I'm sure they attach to people, not places.

17. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

Morning Suzanna :coffee::coffee::coffee:

I am sure he remembers Cobb. My DGS was 2 when Mannie crossed to the Bridge. They were inseparable, and to this day, two years later he still remembers him. I too know Mannie as paid visits to him, suspect Cobb will do so too. What an awesome thing it all is.

18. Rebekah

Rebekah Member

What a sweet story! I love it when our sugar babies tickle us with a visit!

The other day, I was petting Knute, and looking deeply into his eyes (we are so in love!). I said to Alex, "I think Knute looks like Ole". Of course Alex thinks I'm crazy, but I swear I saw that little rascal looking at me through another rascal's eyes! Haha.

It's been eons since I've checked in. It's nice to see your update, and to see so many familiar friendly folks!

So many exciting things are happening for you! Yay!

Cheerio!
    Rebekah

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.