Lost again... Shoot at 103?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Cupcake, Nov 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cupcake

Cupcake Member

Good evening, dear sugars :)

I'm lost again! Cupcake's BG was 112 before PMPS. Checked after 15 minutes and his BG is 103 now... I give up :(

2. Dana & Thomas

Dana & Thomas Member

Labas Ruta,
    I do not think you need to give up. I have not been around last week, because I had to go into the emergency at the hospital--bad heart. I looked at Cupcake`s numbers and you are doing better, but I think you are popping around with your doses too much. As I have said I do not know lantus, but I am sure that Mel or someone who knows will give you guidance soon, and I think you will be okay to wait if you are unsure. Now that Cupcake is off his antibiotics, he will possibly need less insulin. As well I know it is hard to not react to that one high number but you should try to not change his insulin shot so much. My husband is diabetic--also diet controlled-- but he says that too high feels the same way as too low does, neither particularly good. I am sure that soon you will see less variance in Cupcake`s numbers.

3. MommaOfMuse

MommaOfMuse Well-Known Member

Ruta

First you want to make sure his numbers are going up. So what you want to stall a half hour without feeding and retest. If that's a rising number then you're safe to shoot. However shoot a 2.5 and hold.

The red was a bounce and you reacted with more insulin. You don't want to do that with Lantus. With Lantus each shot builds on the last one so what you give this morning isn't going to effect bgs until two or three cycle later.

Mel, Maxwell, Autumn and The Fur Gang

4. Cupcake

Cupcake Member

Danute, labas! I'm so sorry to hear that you're having health issues. I hope you are ok now?
    I do tried to stick to one dose but Cupcake wants me to dance with him.
    Mel, I skipped yesterday. Today I see red again. Could it be a bounce? Even if I didn't give him a shot yesterday? :shock:

Thank you for your answers, girls :YMHUG:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.