Lotion?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by gumbygal, Apr 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gumbygal

gumbygal New Member

My beautiful Gumby has dry skin (of course) and it’s horrible on her belly where she won’t let me brush her. She repeatedly tells me no. I know all about getting more fluid into her diet [fish oil (need recs), wet food (she hates it), more water, etc]. What I’m looking for is something topical. Any ideas?

Because her skin is peeling and that concerns me a great deal. I don’t want her to get an infection. We’ve pretty much been incident free since her diagnosis 4 years ago.

2. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

Is she scratching it? I once used an oatmeal spray that was for cats. Surprisingly they didn’t mind me staying it on them, but if Gumby did you could spray it on your hand and rub it on. Sorry I don’t remember the name, and didn’t see it on Amazon. Found this one though, it’s probably similar.

3. krazy4kritters

krazy4kritters Member

4. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Are you sure it's not an allergy? What are you feeding

Tanya and Ducia likes this.
  5. Sylvie

Sylvie Member

6. Tanya and Ducia

Tanya and Ducia Well-Known Member

I don't think you can find proper cure without figuring out what causes it.
    Cat's fur and skin condition is an important cat's well being measure.
    Dehydration and allergy are too general but the most common suspects but it could be something more serious.
    This skin reaction tells you something is off and needs to be investigated further.
    Topical solution may ease the symptom but if there is anything other than dehydration alone that causes it it won't cure it.
    Have you asked your vet about it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.