Low Sodium Food?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Moms2Tigger&Blu, Sep 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moms2Tigger&Blu

Moms2Tigger&Blu Member

Just a quick question to see if anyone has any ideas on low sodium food or supplements for heart health? Tigger's younger brother Blu is overweight and has mild cardiomyopathy. He goes to cardio vet about every 18 months and is due this October. He seems fine, maybe a little lazier but he is about 10 years old now. Just wondering if any one has advice on things I can ask the vet about - I'm so worried she is going to be mad he put on 2 pounds since last visit. We just didn't realize he was stealing all Tigger's food. Good news is he has lost approx 3/4 pound just switching to Fancy Feast (from dry).

2. Veronica & Babu-chiri

Veronica & Babu-chiri Well-Known Member

There's a list with canned food data on Tanya's site that has sodium content (http://www.felinecrf.org/canned_food_usa.htm ) that may help you get an idea to see if you can find a low carb low sodium diet.

Giving them omegas is also recomended and I've read CQ10 seems to be helping also ( I'm starting to do some research on this one myself ) so you could talk to your vet about giving him this

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.