Mabel, diagnosed diabetic on Oct 17, 2016

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Emmy, Dec 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Emmy

Emmy Member

Mabel (12 in Feb 2017) was diagnosed with diabetes Oct 17. I had recognized signs of possible diabetes when I suddenly noticed she had lost a lot of weight and was drinking a lot more water. I have another kitty, Ady (6 last summer), and both kitties were due for their rabies booster, so when I took them to the vet I requested an exam for Mabel. Bloodwork confirmed diabetes. I have been turning to FDMB, and other resources, for information, as Mabel, Ady, and I do our utmost to manage this difficult illness. I'm thankful for the resources. It's been a steep learning curve and an intense and emotional time getting up to speed on treatment options and care.

2. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

Welcome.
    If you have any questions please ask.

3. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

Hi Emmy,

A hearty welcome to you, to so-sweet Mabel and little civvie, Ady. I'm glad you've found FDMB. I've been a member here for over two years; I would have been absolutely lost without all the education and emotional support I've received from the extremely kind, knowledgeable and friendly members here.

The Feline Health board is a great place to start asking your initial questions. And don't be shy about posting even if it's just that you're a bit down about everything and could do with someone to talk to; the early days can be overwhelming, scary, and exhausting. We've all either been through it or are going through it and we have a bottomless pit of moral support and hugs.

:bighug::bighug::bighug:

Mogs

Kris & Teasel and Sharon14 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.