Magellan has been barfing

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Julia Rae, Sep 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Julia Rae

Julia Rae Well-Known Member

Hello as the post name says Magellan has been barfing,. His sugars are running ok between 70 and 100. His stomach are is as it should be no hard or painful area's. The barf has no strange smells, it is slightly redish like the cat food. the only real odd thing is the lump of rubbery/hard mass in it. It is about 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch. He does not seem to be in any distress and has his 5 p's in place.. any clues are more than welcome.

2. Lillie

Lillie Member

Is the lump all food or is it compressed hair? The only thing I can think of is a compressed hair ball or that he has eaten something that was not digestible. Does he chew on things around the house?

Julia Rae likes this.
  3. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

What are you feeding?
    Same variety all the time?
    Could there be something in the food?How long after ear does the vomiting occur?
    How often barfing?

Julia Rae likes this.
  4. Julia Rae

unknown as he lives with his daddy and not me, I have regular contact with both. Will be seeing him later today to inspect the gift..

5. Julia Rae

Larry we are feeding friskies pates and that is 4 x's a day. Yes it is the same types and the same times as consistency is a mainstay in keeping off of insulin. As for his vomit it looks as if this is the only instance of it other than a few hair balls now and then. Dont know how soon after eating this happened as it was relayed to me by his daddy. will comeback with more info and perhaps questions as well as answers.

6. Julia Rae

Well I am back.. still dont know what the heck is going on with Magellan...he seems to be his normal self,, has not vomited again. I can say it was not hair ball as when I took it a part there was no hair...not sure what it was but what ever it is/was it was very hard and rubbery... any ideas of what the heck??

7. Lillie

Lillie Member

Any toy rubber balls missing? Sounds like maybe a cat toy she was playing with and maybe chewed it up.

Julia Rae and Kris & Teasel like this.
  8. Julia Rae

I dont know.. but so far he has not had any further episodes of it... fingers crossed.. and hoping that something just up set his lil tummy

JanetNJ likes this.
  9. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

My guess is he ate something he shouldn't have. Glad it seams to have resolved itself.

Julia Rae likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.