Malachi and Danielle

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Danielle Brigati, Oct 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Danielle Brigati

Danielle Brigati New Member

Hi,
    My boy Malachi was diagnosed 2 days ago with Diabetes.He is only 6. He has been put on Prozinc. I think we caught it fairly soon. Im not sure as we got a new cat this summer so I assumed some of his behavior changes were due to the changes brought on by having an annoying kitten around. I am really glad I found this site as I am feeling sad and a bit overwhelmed.

Attached Files:

2. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome Danielle and Malachi. My goodness that is one very fluffy handsome boy. I know that you are sad and feeling very overwhelmed right now with diagnosis only 2 days ago, but you will learn how to take care of him and get all the essentials worked into your routine. Most of us began this journey feeling the same way. I didn't even realize that cats could have diabetes. :confused:

Would you take a few minutes and create a signature for Malachi that will display his pertinent info each time you post?

Setting up your signature (light grey text under a post). Here's how:
    click on your name in the upper right corner of this page
    click on "signature" in the menu that drops down
    type the following in the box that opens: kitty's name/age/date of diabetes diagnosis/insulin you're using/glucose meter you're using/what he eats/any other meds or health issues he has. You can add a geographic location (sometimes the country/time zone matters) Be sure to SAVE when you are finished.

In that same menu, you can add more detail about yourself and Malachi as the signature block is space limited. Editing your Signature, Profile, and Preferences

Are you home testing Malachi's blood sugar or did the vet/staff mention that aspect of effective diabetic treatment? If not, we can help you understand why it's as important as the insulin therapy and a proper feline diabetic diet to get Malachi's blood sugar regulated and hopefully on a path to remission.

Going forward you can post in the Main Health forum HERE so that more members can meet you and that gorgeous kitty boy, and help answer the many question you have now, and will have in the future. You can tell us there what dose of Prozinc he is getting and what his current diet is.

It would benefit you to read about Prozinc in that Insulin Support Group forum HERE, so you can better understand how this insulin works and how to get the best benefits.

This board has the information to help you help Malachi, and a very supportive community to advise, listen and care while you learn the sugar dance. :cat:

Diane Tyler's Mom likes this.
  3. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Welcome Danielle and Malachi.
    So glad you found us.
    See you over on the Main forum with any questions you may have:)

4. Cris-Merlin(GA)& the pack

Cris-Merlin(GA)& the pack Member

Welcome Danielle and Malachi! It can be overwhelming when the diagnosis comes in but welcome to the community, we are all here to give you and your lovely boy a hand! :cat:

Idjit's mom likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.