Manufacturer's response to food question

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Linda for Weezer, Sep 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Linda for Weezer

Linda for Weezer Well-Known Member

I sent a query to Publix about the analysis of their generic brand cat food. Here is the response:

Let me start by introducing myself. My name is Debra Pierce and I am the consumer affairs representative for Simmons Pet Food. Simmons is the manufacturer of the Pubix brand canned cat food. I was forwarded information from Publix that you needed some nutritional information in order to care for you pet. I want to thank you for giving us the opportunity to answer any questions you may have. The typical carbohydrate level on as is or as fed basis is 0.9% for the chunky chicken and 0.78% for chicken & liver. There are no grains added to these products, but the carbohydrate is coming from glycogen, a form of carbohydrate in the meat.

Weezer has always liked these foods and now can feel good about giving them to her. :razz:

2. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

It is unclear if the % number are based on weight or calories. Since they are so low, I expect they are based on weight. Thus, you have to multiple them by about 5 to get dry-matter basis since canned food is about 80% water. Also, Janet and Binky's charts are based % from total calories. You need to know the calories be unit for that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.