Maury - Starting Lantus

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Yong & Maury GA, Jun 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yong & Maury GA

Yong & Maury GA Well-Known Member

Tomorrow morning we will be starting Lantus :nailbiting:. With his pancreatitis still in play and his recent doses, I will be starting him on 1.25U BID. I should be home most of the day with him as suggested to grab some mid cycle tests.

If anything, I'm just going to rent a space on Lantus ;)

2. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Good luck, Yong. I agonized over the change for many weeks before it happened and worried a lot in the first few days. I dropped Teasel's dose by 0.5 u but after 6 days on Lantus I was back to the same dose he'd had on ProZinc.

Yong & Maury GA likes this.
  3. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

Can't wait to watch your journey! And glad you're still going to hang out here!

4. StephG

StephG Well-Known Member

I was nervous the first week. I was waiting for the Depot to fill and was expecting a crash. There was no crash! Very happy with results on Lantus. Hopefully you will be too!

5. Yong & Maury GA

Did you guys (Kris and Steph) just jump right in? Meaning Maury got his Prozinc tonight and tomorrow morning will be Lantus. I did ask if I should skip a shot to really guarantee Prozinc isn't in his system anymore but no one seemed too concerned.

6. StephG

StephG Well-Known Member

I gave lantus 12 hours after prozinc. Prozinc didn't last long in Chuck so I didn't think it would be an issue. I do believe I asked to make sure too.

7. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

Good luck tomorrow. We'll be cheering you on!!!
    [​IMG]

8. Kris & Teasel

I jumped right in with Lantus in the AM after ProZinc the night before. I lowered the dose by 0.5 u.

9. Beenie (GA)

Beenie (GA) Well-Known Member

Good luck Maury!! :)

10. Kris & Teasel

Good luck! He'll be fine, Yong. Keep us posted. :bighug:

11. Djamila

Good Luck today!!! Can't wait to see his progress!

12. Yong & Maury GA

That 1.25U on a U-100 syringe is tough! Now I miss my U-40s :smuggrin:. Had to squirt out a drop, did stop myself from letting it go back into mini vial though! Just watched $0.12 fall into the sink. If this happens every shot, then I am basically putting $6 in the sink every month :facepalm:.

Apparently receptionist forgot to pass my refill request on yesterday. Had a feeling, so I called first thing this morning to find that out. Hopefully, they can fill it today since it was supposed to be done yesterday and me just pick up today. Rather have the Bupe, just in case ;). Guess I better make my Lantus thread....:nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting:

13. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

14. Yong & Maury GA

15. Yong & Maury GA

Thanks Sharon! I've read about calipers for the tiny increments but I should be OK. Just saying those 0.25U were easier on the U-40s :smuggrin:. I used to be able to read the Signature line on an cheque! Now I can only tell it's words lol but still helps with finding those tiny increments :)

Kris & Teasel likes this.
  16. Yong & Maury GA

I can tell Maury does not feel as good with his numbers today :( and still waiting for clinic to get back to me about his pain meds refill. Apparently it didn't get put in yesterday morning when I called :facepalm:. I know he's bouncing a little but also might have some pain and I have nothing to give him for it right now. Even though it's tempting to bump his dose a little, I will stay the course and hold it like a good girl :smuggrin:. Gotta get that depot filled / working for my baby!

17. Djamila

Have you called to nag the clinic about the meds again? I think "my cat is in pain" is a good enough reason to be relentlessly persistent with them.

Sharon14 and Kris & Teasel like this.
  18. Yong & Maury GA

Of course :smuggrin:

Djamila and Sharon14 like this.
  19. StephG

StephG Well-Known Member

Waiting for the Depot to fill is hard. I get impatient and nervous every time.

20. Yong & Maury GA

Yay got pain meds :). They think it's for 2 days but with Teresa's tip, it will last us 4 :p. Vet will be calling to check in on Monday.

21. Teresa & Buddy

Teresa & Buddy Well-Known Member

I was hoping Maury was feeling better, sometimes it just seems to hang on. Is Maury eating alright. I am really anxious to see what you think about the Lantus. I have questions but I am not sure where to post them at, guess it would be on The Main Forum. Glad that Maury got his pain meds, anymore that is not always easy to do, sometimes they act like I am the one wanting the meds. Hoping for better days for you and Maury.

22. Yong & Maury GA

I was hoping so too, Teresa. But I had to give the no meds a shot to see how he really was doing. Last night was first time with slipper elm bark (SEB) so hopefully that will start helping too. With Cerenia back in his system, he's eating alright. Without it he just wanted his YAZ. I'm not enjoying our first day on Lantus, lol, these are close to his original numbers :facepalm:. We have an icky heat wave right now too, mid 90's with humidity :stop: (35's °C with humidity for Kris :kiss:)

23. Teresa & Buddy

Where did you buy the slippery elm bark, I might try it on 2 of my kitty's. It has rained a lot here in the last week and the days have not been real hot, but the week before was really hot. My air conditioning went out in my car a couple of week's ago, I tried to put off having it fixed, but it was really hot, so I had it fixed and it really cost me. When I turn the air conditioning on it does not cool off as fast as it did before, but it does cool off.

24. Yong & Maury GA

A member sent me some in a baggy, @Phoebes. Angela, can you let Teresa know which brand SEB you use and sent me :). Her Phobes has chronic pancreatitis and it's helped :cat:. Heard good things about that PetAlive pancreas booster supplement too. HERE is Jayla's thread about it.

25. Yong & Maury GA

This angle makes him look "fluffier". Another warm day so he's been sleeping on the kitchen floor. Hopefully I convinced him to hang in the basement with me where it's cooler :)
    upload_2017-7-2_9-11-50.png

Djamila and Kris & Teasel like this.
  26. Kris & Teasel

He's so cute, Yong! :smuggrin:

27. Yong & Maury GA

Thanks Kris! I think he is too :woot:, even when I'm waking up to him smearing his big front paw over my face... like this morning :smuggrin:

28. Beenie (GA)

He is too cute! Looks like he's a good snuggler:bighug:

29. Yong & Maury GA

When I first got him, he was a big snuggler! I was so happy because I always wanted a lap cat but when we moved back home and it stopped :facepalm:. He will still occasionally snuggle for a few minutes :).

30. Kris & Teasel

Mine will snuggle in fits and starts. Teasel's big bruiser brother, Woody, is my lap cat and his sister, Meadow, will do it occasionally. Teasel is the least snuggly even though he's a big attention hound.

31. Yong & Maury GA

lol, Teasel just wants to make sure he is the most adored without touchy feely. Find a magic mirror of his anywhere? :p

32. Yong & Maury GA

He's asleep on the shelf.... I'm going to wait til +4 :smuggrin:

Rachel and Kris & Teasel like this.
  33. Teresa & Buddy

I think Maury is beautiful, I have 2 tabby cats but they both have short hair.

34. Yong & Maury GA

He and my GA boy look very similar but Maury has a happier face and is almost always smiling :cat:. His fur hasn't quite grown back to length since last years lion cut and developing diabetes; however, a lot of the softness that's been gone for years is back :). I always tell him how handsome he is :joyful:

Kris & Teasel and Djamila like this.
  35. Beenie (GA)

How is your handsome boy feeling today!!:cat:

These kitties sure keeps on on our toeso_O. My constipated civvie was so uncomfortable yesterday!! I thought we were passed this because he was fine on Saturday but yesterday was a whole other story. Not to be graphic but he had a large poop very partially sticking out that wouldn't pass until sometime in the middle of the night. He wouldn't eat at all yesterday and I had to close him off in my bathroom because of what was happening. He had everything he needed and since doors were closed I know no one else ate his food overnight and he ate all of his 12am and 3am feedings. His "butt plug" as my husband calls it :facepalm: was on the bathroom floor but he still is very "open" in the tushy and I can see there's another "item" on deck:eek:
    Vet is closed today otherwise I was thinking of bringing him in to have the rest removed. Would not be the first time but its been more than a year since this has happened. He won't touch the pumpkin now but I did get him to lap up a little wet food with Miralax a little while ago. Not all like I was hoping but at least I got a little in him. I felt so bad for him last night...took me forever to fall asleep. I always think the worse. I question if should run him to the emergency vet clinic but I kept saying to myself he has to pass this on his own. Is it possible that a serious medical emergency can arise from such an event?!?:nailbiting:

I'll have to keep the Miralax in the mix again. I used to have to sprinkle a 1/4 teaspoon in with one meal everyday to keep him regular but then somewhere it changed and he didn't need it anymore. I think the diet change affected him(the switch to FF pates). He is very sensitive to diet changes. The low carb higher protein seems to be the culprit. I'll just resume the Miralax routine going forward.

My stress level has been through the roof lately. Its so so upsetting when our kitties are not well. We all feel it and go through it so I do hope Maury is feeling better and you feel better too!! :bighug::bighug:

36. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

How does Maury seem to be feeling these days, Yong?

Oh man Michelle! I know it's so hard when our babies don't feel well. I'm the same as you, I stress and feel miserable until something is done. I don't really know for sure if it could be a serious medical issue if he doesn't go on his own, but if he won't eat, then I'd say go to the vet. Not eating could cause some bad problems, and if all that is needed is for him to get some poop out, I'd get that done. Will your vet be open tomorrow? Is there any other vet than the ER vet open today? I ask because my vet is open today and maybe you could go to another vet that wasn't the ER to just get this handled real fast?

I mix pumpkin into my cats food because they also won't touch it otherwise. Sigh. Let us know how things turn out!

37. Beenie (GA)

Rachel, thank you! I needed that little nudge. I sometimes I feel like I overreact and I have to stick to what my gut tells me. I just called another local vet, who I heard was a great vet clinic, and we have a 2:30pm appointment!!! I feel better already knowing that my little fur baby will be comfortable in a few hours.

Thank you thank you :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Kris & Teasel, Rachel and Djamila like this.
  38. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Aw I'm glad! I'm the same way...I need someone to tell me I should just go sometimes. But you'll BOTH feel much better and sleep better tonight with him feeling better. :bighug:

39. Teresa & Buddy

You could always put the Miralax and water in a syringe and give it to your kitty that way. Of course you would want to mix the water and Miralax together, before putting in the syringe. I have done this a few times, it is very uncomfortable to be constipated.

40. Yong & Maury GA

@Kris & Teasel @Sharon14 @StephG @Bobbie And Bubba @Djamila
    Maury is due for his shot right now but he just threw up his breakfast??? :( Showing signs of nausea at dinner time before doing so. Was given Cerenia this morning but I may have messed up it's effectiveness with SEB :(. I don't want to skip but he won't eat anything. I hope one of you ladies see's this quickly. I tried calling the Vet but she left for the day.

41. Djamila

Oh goodness....ummm....will he eat treats? If you give him the shot, you have a bit of time before onset. How confident are you that you could get him to eat in the next hour?

42. Yong & Maury GA

He did eat his test treat, not with a whole lot of enthusiasm. Not very confident, he went and hid behind the sofa after throwing up (not against a wall, so I was able to get him). I held him for a minute trying to comfort him, he wanted down and then laid on the floor on his side :(. If I can get him to eat some HC treats (1-2) right now I'll give him 0.5U. I am very worried :nailbiting::(

43. Teresa & Buddy

This is not the question you are asking, but you can give him another 1/4 cerenia at this time. What about dry food.

44. Djamila

That's going to mess up the depot though - and just as it's getting filled. I know nothing about pancreatitis though. Does he get more anti-nausea med tonight? Will it kick in soon?

45. Kris & Teasel

Oh dear, this is so stressful for you, Yong. Lantus is usually slow in onset so he doesn't need much food in him. He might hate it but could you buzz up some of his food in a blender with a bit of water added and syringe feed him? I think you'll have to discuss this with your vet tomorrow. :(

StephG likes this.
  46. Djamila

Yeah for Theresa! That's what I was just wondering!

47. Yong & Maury GA

I was wondering but the box says ever 24 hours. Didn't want to overdose him. He's not touching dry food, it's all he ate this morning. It's as if it sat in his tummy all day :confused::(

48. Yong & Maury GA

Ok gave him another 1/4 tablet Cerenia, he was eating a little YA so I gave him 1.25U. Went with 5 YA treats which are LC.

49. Kris & Teasel

Does any of this coincide with you starting the SEB? Could he be having an adverse reaction to it? FYI - when Teasel has had prescriptions for Cerenia, the dose was a half tab once a day even though the tabs were 16 mg on one occasion and 24 mg on the other. You gave him 1/4 tab this AM, correct? If so, you could try another 1/4 tab tonight.

50. Djamila

I just told Sam to send Maury "eat!" messages across the secret kitty forum. Let me know if it works ;)

And on a more serious note: sending Maury healing vines, and vines of comfort for you. This has been a tough couple of weeks for you guys!

51. Yong & Maury GA

He had a tiny bit of diarrhea this morning as I posted on my Lantus condo. Realized I had forgotten the 2 hour window with SEB :facepalm:. That may be the cause. Made notes on SS not to give them same cycle. I'm just baffled about him throwing up breakfast.

52. Djamila

I thought that was a typo. So he thew up his food from this morning? Like it didn't digest all day? Do you think maybe he has a blockage/constipation? Was it just a little diarrhea this morning? Or was it a full poop with a bit of diarrhea? (oh, the things we talk about around here!)

53. Yong & Maury GA

I could still identify it was his dry food.
    I thought about that possibility. He had pooped earlier (before I woke) then this morning after breakfast he had a little diarrhea.

54. Kris & Teasel

Bupe is a narcotic and, as such, could possibly affect GI motility. If motility is impaired it can lead to nausea, vomiting, delayed gastric emptying, etc.

Djamila likes this.
  55. Djamila

Well, at least things have moved in the last 24 hours. Hopefully it's just what Kris said (thank you, Kris!) and his stomach was just delayed in its emptying today.

StephG likes this.
  56. Kris & Teasel

57. Yong & Maury GA

Thanks Kris, he hasn't had Bupe since yesterday morning but I'm still considering that too.

58. StephG

StephG Well-Known Member

I've only seen Chuck do that when he ate too much young again. By too much I mean 3 days worth in one sitting. I tried free feeding him and it was a huge failure.
    I hope he feels better. Sorry I haven't been on much today and just saw this now.

59. Djamila

I imagine your vet will likely be closed tomorrow for the holiday? Hopefully the cerenia will do the trick tonight and he'll be able to eat in the next couple of hours. I'm going out for a bit, but will be back in an hour or so, and up late since I'm three hours behind you.

LOL! Poor Chuck!

60. Yong & Maury GA

It's ok Steph :). Yeah once I saw how Maury liked YA I knew we couldn't try free feeding. So he gets <3/16 cup with each meal. I usually make sure he finishes his wet food but when he shows me he's not interested / nauseated, I give it to him right away.

StephG likes this.
  61. Yong & Maury GA

Oh crap! I forgot about holiday :facepalm:. They are closed tomorrow :(. I really can't afford an ER visit but I know if push comes to shove, we'll be headed to one. Almost anything for my baby. I hope it does not come to that.

62. Yong & Maury GA

Thank you all for your support [​IMG]

63. Kris & Teasel

Do a search here on FDMB for adverse reactions to bupe and you'll find some threads that discuss it. That might not be the issue but it's worth a look, Yong.

64. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

I wish I had more to offer than just support and healing vines! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

65. Teresa & Buddy

My vet has told me in the past, if needed give another 1/4 cerenia in the evening. She told me this after several years of dealing with pancreatitis, Buddy always gets loose stools with pancreatitis. If Maury has chronic pancreatitis just make sure you give him all his meds, do not introduce anything new until this eases up. If you have cerenia do you have an appetite stimulant, if so give him an appetite stimulant about 1 1/2 hrs. before time to eat and make sure he has the cerenia so he will not be nauseated. If giving a shot depends on food, give him MC or HC and like Kris says dose around it.

66. Yong & Maury GA

Thank you Teresa for all of your input! It means a lot :bighug:. Wish I could help you more with Buddy sometimes.

I was hoping it wasn't chronic pancreatitis since his symptoms were mild compared to what I was reading. Vet wants to do a SPECfpl at his followup appointment this week (haven't scheduled yet). Originally just did SNAPfpl to confirm it was pancreatitis. Things looked like they were easing up for the 2 days he didn't get any meds but then the nausea returned so I resumed Cerenia and Bupe. Haven't given appetite stimulant 24 June. Only new thing was Slippery Elm Bark yesterday morning and this morning. Makes me feel worse because I may have caused him not feeling well because I forgot no meds 2 hours before or after SEB :facepalm::banghead::(.

Plan: Keep an eye on him until bed time. I might wake up since I'm worried about him, so will check if I do.
    If Cerenia is still working for AM meal, no meds, just meal and insulin.
    Resume 1/4 Cerenia in the evenings.
    Give SEB Wednesday morning by itself. I won't be home Wednesday until PMPS :nailbiting:
    I have some Bupe if needed.
    Add-on: Thursday evening, B12 injection.

I don't think I can dose around his food with Lantus.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2017
  67. Djamila

Sounds like a good plan. Hopefully you'll both be able to get some rest tonight!

68. Yong & Maury GA

Thanks Djamila :bighug:. He's been sleeping downstairs on his litter mat. A little like he wants to be near me so I hope that's a good sign.

Kris & Teasel, Rachel and Djamila like this.
  69. Yong & Maury GA

Forgot to say, I did do this, Kris :bookworm:. Mostly what that article mentioned but nothing overwhelming.

70. Beenie (GA)

Big hugs on you and Maury :bighug:

71. Teresa & Buddy

This may not be chronic pancreatitis, he may be having a flare, which happens.
    Do not stop the Bupe and Cerenia at the same time, when you think he is feeling better take one away at a time, this way you can test the waters. He does not have acute pancreatitis, which is awful and he may not have chronic either. Sometimes for unknown reasons they can have a bout of pancreatitis and never have it again. Let's hope that is what Maury has.

72. Yong & Maury GA

Will definitely only take 1 away. Wasn't planning on stopping the meds last time but he surprised me by following through our morning routine and I didn't even think to still give 1 med. Last Bupe was given Sunday morning. Can a flare really last this long, @wolfey ? I keep trying to find answers :bookworm: but there's no rough time of how long these things can last. I guess it's ECID but I'd even take a range, it would be something.

Update this morning: I did not wake up to alarm to pick up food but it looks like he did not touch it again after the few bites before bed. I did wake up twice during the night but he was nearby so I fell back asleep. He had some fluid vomit, smelled like the broth from his wet food. Another tiny diarrhea that he didn't make it to the box in time. I'm not upset with him at all, he wanted to be upstairs with me. I'm sure each step didn't help him hold it :oops:. He made it to the rug (have hardwood floors) which I can wash :). Probably the reason for his higher AMPS. :(

Gave 1T MC wet food with water added to see how he'd do. He ate it all :cat: so about 10 minutes I gave him about another 1T an he ate most. Few pieces of YA. He's now downstairs with me sleeping on his bookshelf. No meds until tonight as plan states. Trying to send him healing vines :bighug:

73. Teresa & Buddy

If he is eating that is a good sign. Give him a little more time, sometimes it just takes longer.

74. Yong & Maury GA

Found some cases of chronic pancreatitis with kitties needing a feeding tube. Most had aggressive treatments and greatly improved in 1-2 weeks. More guilt trip on myself that maybe I'm missing something with his treatment :(:(:(. If Spec fPL test doesn't show signs of improving, then I'll have to consider the more aggressive treatment with a clinic stay for at least a day. Just remembered the Vet saying IV fluids, can't remember what else.

Trying to see silver lining: He was preening himself a little while ago; his pantaloons are a little messy from the little diarrhea :oops:. I try to give him as much time to clean it himself before stressing him with a toosh bath.

75. Beenie (GA)

You're doing everything right.:cat: One step at a time. See what the tests show and then you can make you're next move.
    :bighug: to Maury

Djamila likes this.
  76. Yong & Maury GA

Thanks Michelle :). I am my own worst critic :smuggrin:

77. Teresa & Buddy

If Maury is eating he does not need a feeding tube and I doubt if you could find a doc that would put one in him at this time. Mainstays of pancreatitis are pain control, control of nausea and to keep kitty eating & taking in fluids. Sounds like you are doing all of these things.

78. Yong & Maury GA

Oh I don't want to put one in him, just saying those other cases I read about had them and still seemed to do better after a week or so :oops:. I did get more Bupe for pain control but main medicine I'm keeping him on is the Cerenia. I will need to get more of that, I just cut the last tablet into 1/4 pieces. Trying my best to keep him eating, he isn't drinking more than usual (about 3/16 cup), added water to wet food (as usual). Just re-checking to make sure I was not missing anything. Thank you for confirming, Teresa :bighug:

TV had a baby cry and he put on his curious face and went to check it out, so he does seem in better spirits today. I think the tummy upset was my goof up afterall :(

79. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

We've ALL goofed up at times, Yong. You were trying to do what was best for him and this is all new territory for you and Maury, so experimenting to see what works best is what you have to do. You'll figure it out! Maury will get better from this flare I believe and next time (if there is one, which I hope there isn't!) you'll have a better idea of what to do. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Djamila and Yong & Maury GA like this.
  80. Yong & Maury GA

I'm really hoping for no next time, Rachel :).
    Other good news, if I can't become friends with the MD member who lives nearby / or she can't do it, there is a pet hotel below our Vet clinic. They would follow my instructions / requests of specific BG tests and not charge me an arm and a leg for Maury. Looking at about $170 for four days. I have 2 months to make that extra money ;). I will try to check it out when we go to the Vet this week and take Maury with me, of course because he'll be with me already.

81. Djamila

Where are you going?

82. Yong & Maury GA

I HAVE to go to my sister's wedding :(. I know that sounds terrible but it's mostly because of Maury.

83. Djamila

LOL....yes, you do have to go to your sister's wedding!!! Maury will be fine. That's great that there is a place you can board him that will do the testing and shots!

84. Caitlin M

Caitlin M Well-Known Member

Yong I'm sorry you're dealing with all of this! I know nothing about any of the things that are happening, so I haven't said anything. But I wanted to let you know I'm rooting for you both! :bighug:

85. Yong & Maury GA

Maury threw up a little hair ball and some of his dry food breakfast. Maybe he had a hairball contributing to all this mess and he will start feeling better again :cat:. Getting Cerenia tonight and I'm going to parents for dinner. Should be home by his usual before bed test range.

86. Djamila

Maury just can't seem to catch a break lately! Hopefully the hair ball clearing will help him keep his food down a bit better. :confused:

87. Yong & Maury GA

I know :( my poor little guy. I hope so too.

88. Yong & Maury GA

Can I get my boy off this roller coaster already? :(. Maury had another little bit of diarrhea but went on the rug like he did last night. Box is clean, making sure to keep extra clean since last night. No interest in wet food or YA so gave Mirtazapine. I have to go to my parent's. I hate leaving him in this time :(. Gave him 1 really HC old diet treats (can't believe he used to get those all the time :facepalm:) so he can get his insulin. Hoping Cerenia and Mirtaz will kick in and he'll eat some food by the time insulin starts kicking in.

89. Kris & Teasel

Fingers crossed, Yong. Didn't you say in an earlier post that he has a vet appt. later this week?

90. Yong & Maury GA

Guess Mirtazapine kicked in while I was typing that. He was digging as I gathered my things to head out. Came home to clean bowls and he was asking for his bedtime snack. I know it's probably still the meds but at least they're helping him :). I have to make him an appointment once I figure out which day I can do it. Think his before bed test is my price for that HC treat I gave :oops:.

Kris & Teasel and Rachel like this.
  91. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

He ate! That's great news...I wouldn't even worry that much about BG right now. He'll get over this flare and you can go from there, but for now, what's important is he is eating and feeling okay. :bighug:

92. Yong & Maury GA

Update: Tried covering his wet food (usually means he's not going to eat it) so gave him his YA first, then shot. Got my lunch ready and noticed the angle of him to bowl changed in my peripheral. He was eating his wet food! and finished :). Forgot to make his frozen lunch last night though :oops: so will just leave some fresh and hope he doesn't eat it right away, if he does that's how it will go today. Won't be back until PMPS so will check in tonight :cat:

Thank you ladies again for all of your continued support :bighug:

Rachel likes this.
  93. Kris & Teasel

Huge relief, Yong! I'm so happy he's eating, whether drug-induced or not. It'll get him feeling better. :)

94. Djamila

So good to hear he's eating! Sounds like he's trying to make up for the skipped meals with that appetite!

95. Teresa & Buddy

, n
    Glad he is eating, wonder who feels the best pet parent or pet.

96. Yong & Maury GA

Update tonight: Maury didn't eat his lunch foods, I am thinking he doesn't like this type. Since they're expensive I don't mind not buying more :p. I've bought a couple things for him to try and they are like $1.25 so I'm OK if he would rather have FF ( still pricey for those tiny cans) or his Friskies but wanted to give him some options. Gave Cerenia tonight, he ate all his foods :cat: and was washing his face and paws up like usual :). Scheduled follow up appointment for Friday, hope it goes well. Poo update: wasn't complete diarrhea but more soft serve (sorry if no one wants soft ice cream now :p).

Kris & Teasel and Djamila like this.
  97. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Hahaha, we're used to the poop discussions here. Nothing is off limits when it comes to our kitties!

Glad he ate! Whatever he wants to eat that makes him happy. :)

Djamila and Yong & Maury GA like this.
  98. Beenie (GA)

So happy to hear he's eating!! Boo on soft serve. I'm sticking with Italian ices the rest of the summer :joyful:

99. Kris & Teasel

These are good signs, Yong. Meds or not, he's feeling and acting more normal. Fingers crossed for your vet appointment. At least you have one you like now.

100. Yong & Maury GA

Update: Ate all his foods and got his SEB in wet food. Relaxing after breakfast. Trying to catch a ketone test today but will be gone for part of the day. Hoping his PS numbers will start coming back down as depot starts stabilizing. Almost got a blue for before bed test so he may have had one last night :)

Beenie (GA) and Kris & Teasel like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.