Maverick at the Bridge

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Karrie and Maverick, Apr 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: Maverick is at the bridge - he's home

Welcome home Maverick.

2. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

(((((Oh, Karrie))))))) I'm so glad he's home. The urn sounds real nice, and the half heart cookie was a thoughtful touch.
    Big Tears.

3. Barb & Checkers (GA)

Barb & Checkers (GA) Well-Known Member

Dearest Karrie,
    It hurts me so much to be reading these words from you. You've been there for me, with encouraging words, when Checks numbers were high, and with praise when he was low. It hurts me to see you in so much pain of your own.
    I am pleased that Maverick is home with you now.
    I know it hurts like crazy now, to watch the video and hear his voice Karrie, but in time, you will smile at it/them

I have many video clips of Samantha, Check's sister, but she isn't talking in any of them. What I wouldn't give to hear her sweet little "mew" again.
    I loved how Mav answered you, when you spoke to him. :smile:
    Hug,
    Barb

4. Christie & Willie (GA)

Christie & Willie (GA) Well-Known Member

Karrie, I'm so glad your boy is at home and that you and DH are beginning to heal. I know how hard it can be, and even though we have yet to meet in person, I can say how proud of you I am for the way in which you are tackling that grief head on and allowing yourself to feel. Though the ache in your heart may seem huge and the sting of the tears may seem sharp, it is exactly those emotions that will, in time, also allow you to forever feel the full joy of your time with Maverick. I'm a firm believer that, if we block out our feelings, we can't be selective. If we block out the pain, the joy doesn't get through either.

I'll be in touch. :) ((hug))

5. Nicole & Baby

Nicole & Baby Well-Known Member

:YMHUG: (((Karrie & DH)))
    Maverick is home & blessed to be with you FURever, everything about his final resting place sounds beautiful & his sweet soul will find comfort in the arms of angels, while his remains & memories with you.. his angel here on Earth o:)

6. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Karrie, I was thinking of you today and then turned on my computer this afternoon and see that Maverick is home. I am so happy for you to have his urn and little remembrances of him, like his hair. That is very special. When we got home several days after Stu died--far from home--I collected bits of his dander, which was all over the house, and put it in a small plastic bag. It just seemed right to do that!
    Your video of Maverick is just wonderful. What a wonderful voice! And such an intelligent boy. You are so lucky to have this.

I hope that your heart will continue to mend. We will always miss our sweet kitties who have gone ahead, but weren't we blessed to have had them in our lives!
    Please visit us in LL when you feel that you can. We miss you!

Many hugs to you and your family,

Ella & Rusty (and Chef Stu, who I know is enjoying cooking up some nice meals for Maverick and all the kitties at the Bridge)

7. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

(((Karrie))) I was so glad to see a posting from you and how nice to have Maverick home. I know it was so nice when I had my GA kitty back at home. My thoughts and prayers are with you a lot since Maverick crossed the Bridge. We are so blessed to have them, and it's never long enough. Hugs.

8. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Karrie: I've been meaning to post again. I saw the video the other day but before I could post about it, something else came up. Maverick....such an incredibly handsome, beautiful boy. I LOVE his video and I am so glad you have it. I'm also glad he is home with you and you have the paw print. I have that for my Maxie and so many times I just touch it over and over and remember how silly he would act when I kissed his feet. I'm glad you have the mementos...his hair, etc. I keep you and DH in my prayers. Know that Maverick is safe and happy....and he is always with you and will always love you. (((Karrie))).

9. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Lisa and Do Lou (GA) Well-Known Member

So very happy he is home (((((((((Karrie))))) I have been thinking about you so much

10. Ilkka and Tom

Ilkka and Tom Member

Karrie, what can be said. Your account is heart-rending and straightforward and so right. Maverick flies free now in the certainty of your love, and the tears of so many.

Ilkka and Tom

11. Georgia and Simon (GA)

Georgia and Simon (GA) Well-Known Member

Karrie, I know it must be comforting to have your sweet Maverick home with you. I love that you have some of his white fur as a remembrance, and although the video is heartbreaking for you to watch now, it will soon be a comfort for you. I wish I had more than just a few photos of my 4 GA kitties. Thinking of you every day and wishing you many moments of peace and happy memories of your precious boy.

12. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I'm glad Maverick is back where he belongs -- back where you can always feel his presence and know he's watching over you and DH.

13. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh Karrie
    My head still shakes in disbelief.
    I am so glad your boy is back home with you, where
    he belongs, forever and always
    Many many hugs to you and DH. What a beautiful boy. Thank you for the video.

14. Natalia & Enana

Natalia & Enana Well-Known Member

I'm glad he's home. {{hug}}

15. Rocket & his Mom

Rocket & his Mom Well-Known Member

((((Karrie, Patrick and Nike))))
    always keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.....glad Maverick is home...where he belongs....you will feel his presence and talk to him daily....love the video!

16. Karrie and Maverick

Karrie and Maverick Well-Known Member

Thank you again everyone. The physical part of the pain seems to be lifted. I did feel the excruciating pain and didn't run away although I wanted to so badly.

I wanted to put some of your minds at ease. What happened to Maverick is rare. The vet who he saw is part owner in the practice and has seen thousands of animals through 20 years. She has never ever had this happen. He was meowing one minute and gone the next. And he was at a full emergency hospital - intubated immediately, given drugs to start his heart and heart massage to keep his heart beating. They tried for ten minutes to revive him and had him breathing on his own only for a minute. It must have been Maverick's time. Please don't be scared that this could happen to you.

You guys already know I almost lost Maverick once before. I do feel cheated in my time with him but I didn't take him for granted. Every day is a gift. I do wish I had got more of our talks on video - he was very interactive and engaged. He had different meows. Even his chatty kathy meows were different.

I have watched his video about 50 times. Originally I would be sobbing with all my heart and soul. Then it was surreal, like I was videotaping him alive and it wasn't me just watching a recording (while sobbing). And I'd never let the video end. I'd play it in slow motion. Pausing it on his looking at me. Now I can watch it and smile and feel how special he was to me.

I'm in a better place now and will be visiting condo's and sending PMs to thank everyone.

17. marleesan71

marleesan71 Member

Karrie, I'm so glad to hear that you are in a better place now. My heart still hurts so much for you and just reading how you have been watching the videos brought tears to my eyes. I too video taped my Honey Boy but it's been now 3 yrs and I still can't bring myself to watch them. It does bring a sort of closure when they are returned to you and brought home. I'm sorry but I'm just still in shock. Please take care of yourself and know that we are all here for you. ((((((Karrie))))))

18. jan and Hep and sara (GA)

jan and Hep and sara (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh Karrie I'm so glad that he's home with you and DH. The half cookie turned out to be the perfect thing didn't it. :smile: I remember you telling us on how he used to get into that stuff if it was within his reach.

The urn and the inscription sound beautiful. Rest in peace Maverick your home now.

Love and Hugs,
    Jan

19. Lauren&Tommy (GA)

Lauren&Tommy (GA) Well-Known Member

Karrie, goodness i'm so very happy that your boy is back where he belongs and that you can now heal. The urn sounds just beautiful along with the hair and the footprint you have of him. You reminded me that i have a few footprints of Tommy in concrete along with my hand print in the middle. It came about when we were building the home we now live in and Tommy decided to come help one day and never left. We had a lid from a five gallon bucket, some left over concrete and the rest is history.
    Your story has touched me and my husband more than you could know and so many tears for what you had to go through in the end. I'm glad that you can now smile when you watch the video. He's a beautiful boy with much to say. I have a few urns here also, more than i'd like but I talk to mine still because it makes me feel close to them. Maverick will be waiting to hear from you too! Thank you for sharing a piece of your life with us. This one's gonna stay with me for a long time.

Take care,
    Squirrel and Tommy

20. Jenny and Sue

Jenny and Sue Member

Oh, Karrie. I am so so so sorry to hear this. May his memory live with you always.
    (((hugs))))

Jenny

21. Jason & Belle (GA)

Jason & Belle (GA) Member

Karrie,

I'm glad Maverick is home. For me, bringing Bell home was the most amazing experience. I didn't realize it would be so important to have her home, to know were she was, and to know that she was "safe". In a strange way, it felt like my family was complete again.

My wife always says good morning and goodnight to her, and when I hear it, I almost forget that she's gone. It catches me off guard sometimes, but it makes me realize she will always be a part of our family, and will always be with us.

I'm glad you are smiling when you watch Maverick's video. That happened to me as well. They are so special, and whether it's in body or spirit, they never fail bring meaning to our lives.

Jason

22. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

((((Karrie)))) I have no words really, but just ((((hugs)))) he is home with you once again with his cookie, that's so sweet.
    :(

23. Karrie and Maverick

Still working on getting replies sent to everyone. DH is being great keeping me busy today. Now that his ashes are home, I'm not looking for him it seems. Instead of looking down at the dog bed where he hung out through the night I look to his ashes. I plan on getting my favourite picture/s of him blown up so I can look at him.

The basement is organized and what DH called my hoarding is all thrown out. After losing Maverick I realized what I had although "special" was just stuff. And it wasn't displayed. So I'm donating a cars worth (okay a couple cars worth) of stuff to a local animal shelter for their upcoming garage sales. And the basement is being organized for the first time in like 9 years. It is a good excuse to be busy too. Next kitchen cupboards, and spare bedrooms. Donating tons and tons of clothes. I know I won't ever wear them again even if I did lose all my weight.

We tore down a 20' x 20' shrub that I let run wild so the birds could eat their black oil sunflower seeds in. I gave up keeping it pruned years ago. I'm going to be planting a tree to memorialize Maverick. A serbian spruce. Over 20 years it will grow tall and beautiful. After working for hours tearing down the shrub and all its rooted branches (wow what a job), I can't plant his baby tree. The ground is still frozen. I was so disappointed. They told me I could plant it now darnit.

Here is what his tree may look like. And I'm replacing the kitchen window so I can see out of it to look onto it. His tree is only a couple feet tall right now but can grow 20 feet easily.

[​IMG]

24. Barb & Checkers (GA)

Barb & Checkers (GA) Well-Known Member

Karrie, I don't even know what it is I'm feeling right now. I'm so emotional reading your words. I'm glad that you are finding some peace and comfort in your video, and going through Maverick's things. But I know how painful it is.

My Sammi left me the day after Christmas 2009. I can only recently look at her videos and laugh. It's like looking at her right here with me, not gone. I have one audio of her 'mewing' as a baby, at DD's house.
    I so wish I had gotten her voice, as you did with Maverick. He sounds so sweet, talking to you.
    By the way, you said you don't like your voice; I think you sound sweet too. :D

25. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

Karrie, I think that the tree will be a lovely memorial to Maverick. I am glad that you have been able to deal with some of your grief by funneling it into productive avtivity. I think it was so gracious of you to come here and reassure us about the rarity of what happened to Maverick.

26. Georgia and Simon (GA)

Georgia and Simon (GA) Well-Known Member

Karrie, I think planting the tree is such a wonderful way to remember Maverick. It will be something that you can watch grow and become more beautiful over time and it will always remind you of Maverick and how much you loved him, and how much beauty he brought into your life.

Organizing your things and donating items to a needy place can be so healing and cathartic for you right now. I so admire you and the quiet strength you possess. Prayers and hugs...

27. jan and Hep and sara (GA)

jan and Hep and sara (GA) Well-Known Member

Karrie,

Maverick's tree is a beautiful idea. Hope you can plant it soon. Glad your keeping busy reorganizing. That will help you through your pain. Everybody grieves different. I'm like you in that I want to see and feel them around. The pictures sound nice.

My thoughts are always with you. :YMHUG:

jan and sara

28. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Karrie, I love the idea of planting a tree in honor of your sweet Maverick. I can see and feel just how painful this is for you, and you are moving thru it in your own way and time. I am so glad you have some support there with your DH and Mom. I love the idea of the kitchen window so you can see the tree - what a beautiful tree. I had a picture blown up of Mikey (my GA 16 y. old .), and it's on the wall right where I can see it every time I walk by the kitchen (which is often). I also have a picture on my desk where I have my laptop. Prayers and hugs for you, Karrie, and please keep coming back and let us know how you're doing, okay.

29. Rocket & his Mom

Rocket & his Mom Well-Known Member

now i know what type of tree you are talking about...had it not been for the picture i still would not know unless i googled it....

so glad you are keeping busy....and in the process are helping others by donating your stuff....often times i think if i have not used it in over a year....i don't need it...so i can live without...and i get rid of it...that's been my philosophy....but then again we have a 2 bedroom condo and not a house where i can put stuff in the basement.... ;-)

so glad you will get to see the tree grow and that you are making changes in your house to be able to see outside....that in itself will be a job that will keep you busy....Linda (& BearMan) just re-did the kitchen....so it will be perhaps therapeutic...though nothing can EVER replace the hole left in your heart by Maverick.....but the end goal here will be to be able to see that tree grow and you will think fond memories of Maverick whenever you see the tree!

been thinking and praying for you...as well as Patrick and Nike....

((((Karrie))))...i know today is not easy for you....

30. Karrie and Maverick

Hi Guys,
    I miss you all so much. Part of grieving Maverick is also the loss of our daily condo and visits from everyone.
    I have started peeking at a few condo's. I feel so far behind. Wish there was a news feed where I can catch up quickly. I see Ann has switched back to Alpha Trak. Simons BG is still up a wee bit. TessieLou has CP and has to diet. I assume all is well in Mannie-Land. Buttheads video refilled my heart some. I'm glad some of you are deciding to take more videos.

I think I've realized today how terribly quiet it is here. As you know from his video Maverick had a big presence. I'm on the fence about opening my heart up to another big fluffy Maine Coon that will help fill the void left by Maverick or waiting until my dog has passed to make a decision. As you guys know she has CHF and was meant to be an "only child" in her mind. I will be working from home until she is no longer with me and then plan on getting out of the house permanently darnit.

I still have some PMs to respond to. I have read them all and am grateful for them. Please forgive me and I haven't forgotten.

I'm going to be throwing myself into gardening this year. I'm planning a blue poppy garden. I fell in love with these flowers on line. They make my heart sing when I see pictures of them. I've reserved 10 of the 70 that the largest greenhouse had been able to propogate.

Here is a picture. I'm hoping to make it more blue choosing the right soil. More indigo blue.

[​IMG]

Miss you all. Thank you for keeping me in your thoughts.

31. Iorwen & Tray

Iorwen & Tray Well-Known Member

It's so nice to hear from you and see that you are healing well. I'm glad that Maverick is home with you and I love the idea of planting a tree in his honour. It's a glorious idea.

And you know you don't have to miss us, we're here for you whenever you want or need us.

32. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

oh beautiful, beautiful, beautiful poppies! they are just stunning! it would make my heart sing to look out on those.

fwiw, i have always chosen cats that looked as different from each other as possible. i didn't want to mix up anyone in my head and "forget" the specialness of each one. all of them have been foundlings, each one so different from the others. You have a big heart, Karrie, and while no other cat will ever be Maverick, or replace him, another kitty might be a new love for you and make you smile. when the time is right, of course.

i hope you stick around, too! why don't you start a new condo!

33. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Karrie - how wonderful to have a post from you. I know we all miss you too. I am glad that you are able to work from home and be there with your puppy. They are days you will not regret. In time you will know it is is indeed time for another furkid in your life.

The flowers are beautiful - the blue and purple variety hold a special place in my heart fro me too. Enjoy your gardening!

It is good to read that your are doing better. I wish you the best always!

and yes, all is ell and normal in MannieLand. Still trying for video of "Mannie things' - hopefully soon he will allow it. :D

34. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Hi Karrie, so nice to see your post. I love the Blue Poppy Garden, how cheerful! I'm guilty of going back to the ATrak. It's a long story...but I was so used to the ATrak after using it this long I could not get used to the low readings of the Relion Micro. I think when you are ready to open your heart to another Main Coon kitty, you will know when the time is right and the cirumstances will be right, too. The Main Coons are so beautiful! I would love to know more about their personalities. I know it's still so soon with missing Maverick, and you're thinking about your puppy and spending time with him. Give your puppy some pats on the head and hugs from me and Maggie. We miss you so much here. Please come back and visit condos when you are able to, and it's great you can work from home. Hugs and good thoughts and prayers.

35. tessielou

tessielou Member

Oh Karrie, what positive and creative things you are doing! I admire that so much! The tree, the gorgeous blue poppies, the cleaning and organizing, wow!

I think you will know when/if the time is right for a new kitty. There are soooo many that need us. That's what has always brought me to getting another, after one of my beloved babies has GA. I have lost 3 in the past 5 years. We have had Tessie Lou and T.J. for 3 years now. Anyway, you will know! :smile:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.