Max..newly diagnosed

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Mcessna, Aug 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mcessna

Mcessna Member

Hello !

I think I finally have the spreadsheet figured out and I entered his last weeks testing. Max is a young, ragdoll male, I fostered him two years ago and well, he is still here.... So, you can say part of the family.... I really need all of your help, I had such a melt down last night that I asked my friends to help me find him a new home, not because I don't love Max or can't care for him... I just feel like I am doing something wrong and I can't get him to seem well again.... I feel like I am failing him.....

2. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Hi again, you have already created a thread here in the Introduction forum and have received some responses. New members actually need only one Introduction thread, you can continue posting on the original thread, but it's best to go on to the Main Health forum and look at the insulin support group forum according to the insulin you are using. Don't worry about it, though, it's hard at first learning to navigate around all the forums, and it's fine.

We are going to work with you, you aren't failing, you have reached out for help for Max in an area in which you have little or no knowledge or experience. Most of us started in exactly the same place, so don't over fret there either. It'a learning experience. we weren't born knowing how to talk, walk or do much of anything practically. Same applies here.

AmandaE likes this.
  3. Jerry dutchboy

Jerry dutchboy Well-Known Member

It will get better. Once you start testing and gathering data it can actually feel empowering. It can feel very frustrating at times but so worth it. Most of us here have been in exactly the same place as you are now and understand but you've taken a giant step in helping him feel better by joining this community. The fact that you feel this way just shows what a great Momma you are so try not to beat yourself up. Be kind to yourself.
    You may also over time have a much closer bond with Max, I know I do with Jerry. :bighug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.