Max's Mom..newly diagnosed

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Mcessna, Aug 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mcessna

Mcessna Member

Hello, and thank you for the add..... As all of you I am a first time diabetic, cat mom.....And, I am struggling... But I was directed to this forum and can't wait to get to know you all.... Max, is a 3 year old, Ragdoll .... He came to us as a temporary foster and that was two years ago..... A month ago, he was diagnosed with diabetes.....

2. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Welcome to FDMB, the best place you never wanted to be! It's a bit overwhelming at first, but if you have read through any of the threads and posts on the board, you will be able to tell that we are all working to help our sugar cats to better health and well being.

Please start a new thread in the Main Health forum HERE so that more members can read and respond. This Intro forum is just the welcome mat and more members monitor the Main forum to help out. Tell us more about Max please, so we know where to begin with proper information to help you out.

You could create a signature so that Max's pertinent information is available whenever you post, so we don't have to ask the same questions or try to backtrack through previous posts.

Setting up your signature (light grey text under a post). Here's how:
    click on your name in the upper right corner of this page
    click on "signature" in the menu that drops down
    type the following in the box that opens: kitty's name/age/date of diabetes diagnosis/insulin you're using and dosage amount /glucose meter you're using/what (s)he eats/any other meds or health issues (s)he has. You can add your name, and a geographic location (sometimes the country/time zone matters) Be sure to SAVE when you are finished.

You can edit the signature at any time, if anything gets added or changed.

Take a deep breath, we all started at the same point and we will help in every way we can. Best wishes going forward. :cat:

Karen&Rocket likes this.
  3. Veronica & Babu-chiri

Veronica & Babu-chiri Well-Known Member

Welcome!!

You've arrived at a great place where there's a lot of people that can help you, since you are using Prozinc you will find a lot of information on this insulin and how to dose it in the prozinc forum here's the link

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/forums/prozinc-pzi.24/

Also it would be good for everyone if you can share the test results that you have, here we use a spreadsheet that will help you a lot an will help everyone else to know what's going on, here are the instructions for it

http://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/thre...te-a-ss-and-link-it-in-your-signature.130337/

And ask all you want

4. Jerry dutchboy

Jerry dutchboy Well-Known Member

Big welcome to the forum. It is a fantastic place to ask all of the questions you have and to get help. I stumbled across it by accident and I thank my lucky stars that I did. There is a wealth of knowledge and experience here and the members are all wonderful, caring and patient individuals.

We all know how scared and overwhelmed you must be feeling right now but you can do this. We've all been there and know how it feels to be struggling so I would suggest that you begin by reading the Stickies and it will certainly help you understand more. You may need to read them several times like I did before the information sinks in LOL but the information is invaluable.

Looking forward to seeing your posts on the boards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.