Me and Merlin

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Cheryld, Feb 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cheryld

Cheryld New Member

Hello,
    Cheryl and Merlin here.I joined a while ago but haven't done an introduction or asked a question yet.Hope I'm doing it in the right place. Merlin has had Diabetes since 2013. He is on Lantis,2 units twice a day.He also has IBD,Asthma,and Pancreatis.
    He has been well controlled until the last two weeks when he stopped wanting to eat.I've started giving him Mirtazapine to stimulate his appetite.When he doesn't eat his glucose,of course, goes down and my Vet told me to not give him insulin when it's 200 or lower. The last 3 days he has eaten some food throughout the day and more in the late evening( I leave a small amount of Hill's WD out overnight.)
    I usually give his insulin at 9:00 and 9:00. I've been testing him at 8:00P.M. because it doesn't seem to me that he's eating enough,although he IS eating.For the last 3 nights his b.g. numbers have been in the 115 to 120 area so I haven't given him any insulin.BUT in the A.M. his numbers are in the 300s so I give him his usual 2 units.
    My question is: What does all this mean why the ups and downs? Is it bad to give him a dose only once a day? Thanks,
    Cheryl and Merlin

2. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Welcome Cheryl and extra sweet Merlin!!

It's probably best to post your questions in the Health forum

This forum is usually just for quick introductions and telling us about your sugarcat.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.