Meet Benny, the new kid on the block

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Erin & Scott, Jan 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Erin & Scott

Erin & Scott Member

Hi - I'm Erin, my husband and I are caretakers of Benny and his brother Shaddie. Benny hasn't been looking so good the last couple of months, and when we took him to the vet we learned what no pet parent wants to hear - that he has diabetes. We've been researching like crazy and found this resource, which has been a great help!

We've changed up his diet and started on Lantus insulin with regular testing, so we're feeling a lot more confident. Still some issues, mostly around litterbox use, but we're hopeful that even that will resolve. He still has an infected tooth that will need to be treated once his weight gets back up to normal.

Anyway, I am so grateful to have found this wonderful resource and look forward to being part of this community!

Benny & Shaddie relaxing with Dad (Benny is in front)

Gargoyles.jpg

2. Julie and Honey

Julie and Honey Well-Known Member

Welcome! Cute kitties, looks like they are in charge of the remote:cat: You have a good start already with diet and testing! There are a lot of knowledgable pet parents here to help you along and offer support.

Erin & Scott likes this.
  3. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Welcome Erin, Scott, Benny and Shaddie. What cute kitties! Great work so far changing the diet and home testing. Congratulations on your research and being proactive with Bennie's treatment. There is a wealth of information, experienced & knowledgeable members to look to for advice and the support of the whole community to help you manage treatment going forward.
    Please post on the Main Health forum for more eyes on your questions, issues and concerns. What are you feeding Benny now? And take a look at the stickies at the top of the Lantus forum for more information about dosing protocols and how this insulin works.
    Best wishes going forward :cat:

4. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome to you, Scott, Benny and Shaddie. Looks like you are well on your way to getting Benny on the road to better health. Benny's BG is looking very good for this early in your journey... a testament to your research.

Curiosity..... got any relatives living in the Hazelhurst area in the summer (Florida in winter)? I have friends there with the same last name! Just wondering how small this world really is :woot:.

5. Erin & Scott

Erin & Scott Member

Curiosity..... got any relatives living in the Hazelhurst area in the summer (Florida in winter)? I have friends there with the same last name! Just wondering how small this world really is :woot:.

Lol - no, I don't. I've visited there, though not recently, it's a lovely area.

MrWorfMen's Mom likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.