Megacolon - Liz and cat Harriet

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Deb & Wink, Jun 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deb & Wink

Deb & Wink Well-Known Member

I have broken this information out from another post. New member Liz has a diabetic cat Stinky but the other bookstore cat is Harriet and she has megacolon. Original post is here: http://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=98214

I was wondering if the medications could be given differently, especially the cisapride. Could that be crushed and mixed with food or is it bitter? I know the dosing says best if given 15 minutes before food, but was wondering how flexible that was.

It's an issue with getting the diabetic cat Stinky some food, without having the megacolon cat Harriet eat any food before she has the cisapride.

Liz said:

2. Sandy and Brie

Sandy and Brie Member

The cisapride I get is in a capsule. I get 10mg capsules from roadrunner. Brie gets it twice a day. I put it in a pill pocket in his wet food. I have no experience sprinkling it on his food. One of the members here has a lot of experience with megacolon. Blue I think. You should join the yahoo feline megacolon group and post the question.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.