Melek's playing again!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Meleksmommy, Sep 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Meleksmommy

Meleksmommy Member

I just wanted to share some good news... I went to pick up some more Evo today and got a new catnip mousie for Melek to see if he'd play (he's been so listless since his DX). He has been chasing his mousie around for 10 minutes now, so good to see him act like his old self!

2. Karen & Smokey(GA)

Karen & Smokey(GA) Well-Known Member

Yippee !!!

Let's PARTY !!!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

oh thats such happy news. i remember when i saw that on tom. they can get better so quickly. it's always a joy.

4. Mom2Missy

Mom2Missy Member

Missy did the same thing. Even before she was diagnosed, she never really played that much. She would swat at things every once in awhile just to shut me up, but she never really played. Now she runs around, playing with toys that she's never even gave a second glance to. It's amazing how quickly they can recover!

5. Meleksmommy

Meleksmommy Member

It's a wonderful thing to see!

6. mdelisle

mdelisle Member

My Puckett was never one to play that much before his diagosis either. But for about a week now I've caught him flying through the house and throwing toys around with wild abandon (that is until the other cats wake up and want to join in the fun). What has been really wild is to watch him staring down one of the girl kitties in the house. This is a cat that hasn't had an aggressive bone in his body ... was always the picked on one. Well, I heard Lullabelle screaming the other day and went to see what was wrong and there was Puckett standing with back arched and tail fluffed ... right in Lullabelle's face. He wasn't paying any attention to my telling to knock it off and I had to physically move him.

The playing I enjoy seeing him engage in the bullying not so much :(

7. Meleksmommy

Meleksmommy Member

Melek is sometimes a bully to our girlcats too - but after his DX he didn't even bother to bat at them, so I was relieved lately when he'd act a little dominant.... but if he bullies, well, no treats! Truly makes me wonder, though, how long he was suffering from the diabetes before we caught it, even though the vet says we caught it early. Interesting!

8. seedimon

seedimon New Member

Wonderful news.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.